Who has the best growl in ALL of metal.

Åkerfeldt and Corpsegrinder are good.

Corpsegrinder has the clearest DM vox I've ever heard in the Paths of Posession album "Promises in Blood (haven't heard their other albums)."

Mikael Åkerfeldt and Jason Mendoca for me. Not that I listen to much metal nowadays, but they 2 remain my favourites.

Mikael Akerfeldt [Opeth, Bloodbath]

I couldn't have not noticed the difference between his Opeth growling and his growls on Bloodbath - on Opeth he usually takes every sentence to the edge of his ability, while in Bloodbath he tries to focus on the sound of the growl, I think. Bloodbath is a DM band, which is probably why he has his solid and brutal growls on it, there's a low-volume high pitch coming out of his mouth even while doing a low growl, and the pitch comes the same with any growl / scream coming out of his mouth on Bloodbath. Try to check it out.
I like his Opeth growling more - clear, solid, powerful and a very wide range.

Dan Swano [Edge Of Sanity]

Not much to say, his growling are pretty close to Mike's but it sounds a bit like he has blood in his throat while he sings.

David Vincent [Morbid Angel]

This guy's just very awesome. :kickass:

Peter Tagtgren [Hypocrisy, Bloodbath, Pain (fucking gay band)]

Generally I don't really appreciate his growling on Hypocrisy and I fucking hate "Pain". His growling on Bloodbath are pretty much amazing, and their range is the best I know.

Johan Hegg [Amon Amarth]

You can just hear his fat inside his growling, so fucking powerful...
Awesome growler, nice range, very clear.

Mikael Stanne [Dark Tranquility]

Awesome growls :headbang:

And yes, I was very bored when I wrote it.

Tägtgren, have a listen through the hypocrisy discography starting at the fourth dimension and you will see why he is number one.

pretty soon each new band that arrives will have its own genre, eliminating the purpose of genres altogether. im fine with like, metal, blues, jazz, world music etc. but when theres like, technical blackened progressive rock, it annoys me

Well, our band is propably going to be something like "Thrashy progressive power grindgore metal".
Should I just call it "light metal" or "armageddon metal"? :lol: Perpahps pink metal? :lol:

Dan Swano
Stanne
Mike Akerfelde from that band Opeth
Pete! Tagtren from hypocrisy, good on most CDs, their latest Virus rules and his work on Bloodbath's Nightmares Made Flesh.....

ahem.... Devin Townsend Especially before and even after he smoked a shitload. from Strapping Young Lad and The Devin Townsend Band of course :D
I guess Dan would take fav slightly. Crimson 4 lyfe d00dz

Mikael Akerfeldt and Chuck Schuldiner. Both epic musicians and fantastic growlers. Mikael obviously has the beautiful clean singing thing that Chuck doesn't have, but Chuck's raspy growl thing is so damn awesome.