Who is going to MDF '09

Are you going to MDF 2009?

• Total voters
I think the main idea is to avoid liability on the part of the people of drinking age. Whatever goes on in the under-21 room is probably between you and whoever else is staying there. Just make sure everyone's comfortable with whatever you plan to do.

Maybe you and Jeremy (seedofvengeance) should coordinate your flights. He's already enlisted me to pick him up from the airport. Assuming you guys would both be landing in Dulles(?), it would be easiest if I could grab you all at once.

I haven't really even looked into how hard it might be to get to the venue from the Airport as I haven't got my flight arranged yet.
Figured it wouldn't be too hard, assuming that yeah maybe there will be a train into town.
If you could hook up a ride from the airport to the venue that would be killer.

In addition, I am trying to find out how my journey to NYC from Baltimore for the OPETH show 2 days later is gonna work. I know shit about the east coast and that area seems like a whole new world compared to the smallness of Salt Lake.

Not too worried about it though. Should work out ok. I'll be livin in a Ram's head for sure.

I don't drink, but I'm not totally averse to people being drunk. Worst comes to worst I'll go do something with the people who aren't getting drunk, or I'll wander around.

I think the main idea is to avoid liability on the part of the people of drinking age. Whatever goes on in the under-21 room is probably between you and whoever else is staying there. Just make sure everyone's comfortable with whatever you plan to do.

Maybe you and Jeremy (seedofvengeance) should coordinate your flights. He's already enlisted me to pick him up from the airport. Assuming you guys would both be landing in Dulles(?), it would be easiest if I could grab you all at once.

Which one is better to fly into Baltimore Int or the Dulles?

I would think Baltimore Int. is much closer to the venue/hotel, but for some reason Jeremy flew to/from Dulles last year, I believe. We'll have to hear from him on that.

As far as transportation to NYC, I'm not sure if any of the New Englanders are driving this year, so you might have to rely on mass transit and taxis. Just do some research I guess.

Or that.

Anyway, you and mister necrofiend should decide on an airport and (if possible) flight time so i can (hopefully) grab you all at once.

You're gonna have to smoke when I'm not around, I believe Nick feels the same way. We don't dig it. :p

tis cool, i'm not even that into smoking tbh, i only enjoy it when i'm %100 in the mood for it.

you're cool with alcohol right?

I don't drink, but I'm not totally averse to people being drunk. Worst comes to worst I'll go do something with the people who aren't getting drunk, or I'll wander around.

I probably won't drink. Because if I get in trouble with the cops, my parents won't ever trust me again.

*edit* Am I going to be the youngest person there?

Or that.

Anyway, you and mister necrofiend should decide on an airport and (if possible) flight time so i can (hopefully) grab you all at once.

It'll be earlier... like 3 or so, because we need to check in to the rooms so everyone else can get in. I also want some time to rest from the trip before I commence getting my ass beat for 3 straight days.

edit: And drinking will take place in the over 21 room only, I believe. That way the alcohol is allowed to exist in there. I think the over 21's are ok with us youngins who choose to chip away at the health of our livers coming over to do so.

It'll be earlier... like 3 or so, because we need to check in to the rooms so everyone else can get in. I also want some time to rest from the trip before I commence getting my ass beat for 3 straight days.

Isn't 3 when the shows start?

You guys should probably try to arrive around 12 if possible.

There's a 6 AM train from Boston that gets into Baltimore (Penn Station) at 1 PM. Nick, Kris and I will probably be on that.

I probably won't drink. Because if I get in trouble with the cops, my parents won't ever trust me again.

*edit* Am I going to be the youngest person there?

my mom already knows that i drink and knows that i'm going to be drinking at MDF so, as long as i have no cop trouble, i'll be fine.

and i'm going to be 17 by then and my friend may be 18 by then