Who is going to MDF '09

Are you going to MDF 2009?

• Total voters
Well, just to let everyone know, I don't have shit for cash. I will be spending about 95% of my time at the venue to get the most out of what I actually paid for, and probably only returning for short rests and to eat bologna sandwiches. Yay for being poor.

Wow, the aquarium is fucking expensive.

How many of you who are staying for Monday would actually be willing to spend $25-$30 per person for that? I'm fine with it since it's a once a year kind of thing and it's probably a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if everyone will want to blow that extra bit of cash.

i'm leaving that morning, so i wont be going
~gR~

Well, just to let everyone know, I don't have shit for cash. I will be spending about 95% of my time at the venue to get the most out of what I actually paid for, and probably only returning for short rests and to eat bologna sandwiches. Yay for being poor.

I'm sure most of us are willing to pitch in a little money for you to do SOME other stuff.

Yeah, we have to have at least one nice dinner with the whole group (or at least the forum regulars). If there are just one or two people who are dead broke and need a hand, we could pool some money from the rest of the group.

Would our nice dinner be in the price range/general idea of that Chinese food place that brought the uberlulz last year, Grant?

IM RICH BIATCH!

seriously, i wouldnt force anyone to eat bologna. thats just inhumane. as for this nice dinner. when do you want to do it? cuz i'm fairly sure the fest is gonna take up a lot of time. perhaps a nice breakfast before the show
~gR~

lol, well we could drop by there again, but I'd really like to have at least one dinner at a reasonably nice restaurant with actual waiter service and all.

Not sure if the majority of the group is up for that, but I know a few people are.

@V5

There's a good Afghani restaurant called The Helman or something, it's worth checking out.

as for this nice dinner. when do you want to do it? cuz i'm fairly sure the fest is gonna take up a lot of time. perhaps a nice breakfast before the show

I dunno, we'll have to look at the band schedule and find a time that everyone wouldn't mind being away from the venue.

Maybe what I should do is send a PM out to everyone to find out if they

a) want to do a nice dinner

b) want to hang out on Monday

c) if yes for (b), want to go to the aquarium on Monday

For dinner? It's unfortunate because a lot of the best acts go on around dinner time (even the stuff outside that you'd like :p).

my thoughts exactly. i'm not missing any of the later bands. thats why i think breakfast/brunch might be the best solution.
~gR~

Well I don't know how much the following bands matter to everyone:

[Rotten Sound, Hail of Bullets, Misery Index, Brutal Truth]

but if they're skippable, we could do an early dinner on Saturday from like 4:45 to 6:15, and make it back in time for Immo.

Breakfast might be the best option though, I dunno.

misery index is really the only one i want to see. i obviously dont mind seeing the others. i treat MDF as a "broadening my horizons" kind of trip, so seeing rotten sound and hail of bullets (both bands ive never heard before) would be nice

edit: i just searched rotten sound on youtube. i wanna see em hehehe
~gR~

Rotten Sound is unskippable, and I might watch HOB too because they're supposed to be very good live (didn't really like the CD but w/e).

RYAN: Rotten Sound rules hard:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, breakfast it is then.

We can still have a giant pizza party at the hotel one night. :D

For sure. What's good for breakfast? On the last page I mentioned that both Saturday and Sunday the first bands are meh. That means one day we could do breakfast/brunch/whatever and the other we could do lunch or hang around doing shit if nothing imperative is playing.

edit: ryan. wtf...yeah Dan is a huge fan, he'll probably wear his RS shirt for 'em...I blind bought a CD by them and it kicked my teeth in.