Who Is Your Favorite Artist?

segaszivos

Jun 29, 2003
Baltimore
Very simple, who is your favorite artist, not band. The artist's ability to write songs, perform live, sing, play music, produce, etc should influence your choice. The artist doesn't have to have solo projects. Choose Bono from U2 if you want. ;)

My favroite artist of all time is Paul McCartney. No one single person has better lyrics. He is by far, the greatest bassist ever and even has a great voice. He is phenomenal solo, in Wings, and in the Beatles.

Well this is a bit of a cliche for bass players but Jaco Pastorious for his inspired yet tragic life. Playing the fretless bass like no other.
Closely followed by Jeff Berlin and Marcus Miller.
Then again Charlie Parker redifined what jazz was.
In a more metal vein. Geddy Lee and maybe even James Hetfield deserves a mention. He just got me into metal.

Hell:Trey Azagthoth: Metal god of guitar, maybe the best at composing real death metal but makin it listnable for almost everyone and almost beautiful, and good solid producer. His solos just put me in a whole nother world.

Earth: Jimi Page: king of blues, and hard rock and riff master and composer, also producer. He did everything from showin the world he is the hardest rocker but yet can make some the most beautiful acoustic songs

Heaven: Mikael Akerfeldt: Maybe my biggest influences on acoustic guitar showin that u dont need to stick to the regular acoutic chords but make up ur own and work the neck. His electric parts are good and all but for me the acoustics stick out,thats why i loved the damnation tour.