Who Is Your Favorite Artist?

I am seeing a lot of my favorites including Bruce Springsteen, Steve Wilson, Mikael Akerfeldt, Jimi Page, Maynard, Trent Reznor, Devin Townsend, and Dan Swano. :D

segaszivos said:
Very simple, who is your favorite artist, not band. The artist's ability to write songs, perform live, sing, play music, produce, etc should influence your choice. The artist doesn't have to have solo projects. Choose Bono from U2 if you want. ;)

My favroite artist of all time is Paul McCartney. No one single person has better lyrics. He is by far, the greatest bassist ever and even has a great voice. He is phenomenal solo, in Wings, and in the Beatles.

Mikael Akerfeldt :)

Justin Broadrick

His work on Godflesh alone would be enough to secure the spot. Throw in Final, Techno Animal, and the rest...

Honestly, I gotta say Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt. Especially when combined as a team....pure, phenomenal music IMO!

But I must say, Lennon and McCartney were truly something amazing in the day.....

To pick just one is not fair. Growing up in the 70s, I would have to say Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull is the greatest artist of his era. Not only could he write simple and intricate melodies, but he could write excellent lyrics, and play very well any instrument that one could put in front of him.

In today's era...it is too close to call. Mikey is special, but so are quite a few others - Keenan & Cornell, to name a couple.