Why Bodom instead of Norther

And you should all listen to Running Wild's The Pirate Song. Thx.

Running Wild has a song called "The Pirate Song"? That seems a bit redundant...

Would anybody be kind enough to hook me up with that Norther demo? I dunno if I have much to trade, but that would be sick :D

DF has Vadim... and if you've ever heard his live Keybaord solo... you will realise he owns Janne back to the fucking stoneage.

I like both bands. Norther aren't quite as creative with there rhythm playing though. There are several times where they just play one note per measure with 8th note picking. I get kind of bored with that.

I do like alot of there melodies. I think there lead/melody has a distinct sound that is different from Bodom. Allthough they usually aren't as complex or creative as Bodom's.

I think they could use some work on there solos also.

The only thing I can say I dislike about cob is HCDR and the EP. To me they where both dissapointments.

i like bodom and norther about the same, sometimes one a little more than the other depending on what i feel like listening to. both have their ups and downs though. but it still stands...

Wintersun > both

i think what's so great about Wintersun is they have such a good combination of metal. they have good rythmn, good solos, some songs are progressive but not boring or repetitive, excellent mix of clean and death vocals. definitely an awesome album. i wouldn't say i like them more than Bodom but that's because i have to give Bodom extra credit because without them i never would have gotten into metal lol. so they get some bonus points there. i dont know, i dont think it's really fair though to compare all of these bands. they're all awesome in their own unique ways and each of them deserve respect one way or another.

Personnally, I like NortheR but I always keep hearing CoB stuff in it, and it bugs me a lot. I think they are a pretty talented band...but they just need to push their style WAY forward. I see all their albums as a deviation from Follow The Reaper ; DoEW ; More Black, MoM pure FtR...more melodies..almost power & DU ; More Thrash. The reason it always remind me that album is that NortheR's music was always more Power-ish in my ears...and so was FtR. Also, if you take a look at the Unleash Hell track ; doesn't it remind you of Hate Me....keyboard oriented ...catchy track. Almost the same Psycho theme in it... And also, what about the whole "Fuck You And Die I Live My Life Leave Me Alone You're Better Off Dead" thing? NortheR just copy/paste that into their music. As for the gang vocals....they had some already in Hatebreeder. All these things used to piss me off real bad...but I recently realized that there is not a law against bands who are influenced by CoB. This post isn't to put them down....cause I enjoy their music. I'm just explaining why their not stepping out of the "Cob Clone" tag TO ME IMHO. And yeah...I think Petri Lindroos should stay with Ensiferum! :headbang:

Pete can handle both bands pretty well I think. Hell, Alexi had three busy bands on his plate at once and managed to pull it off, and he handles two well now as it is. And I won't even get into half the Norwegian black metal scene who average 6 bands apiece :D

I think Norther might be heading to the states in the next couple years finally too(it takes freaking forever for a band to get to tour the states), so that will be cool. :D I'd like to see Ensiferum make it over here as well.

Yeah dude, whoever said norther chorus' are 80 percent the same was right. I guess the same could be said about COB in songs like "bodom after midnight, taste of my scythe, children of bodom, that part in deadnight warrior", but whenever i listen to norther or kalmah i just can't hear the brilliance in the music that i get from listening to Bodom, and the replay value is fucking off the charts. I don't know about the rest of you guitarists but i have sat in front of my computer for hours watching guitar pro with my jaw on the floor. Deathslut, what part of SD are you from?

EndlessWhore said:
I don't know about the rest of you guitarists but i have sat in front of my computer for hours watching guitar pro with my jaw on the floor.

lol, very true. but if it weren't for the speed trainer on that program i think it would be even worse. at least it gives you a chance at learning it.

and yeah i live by Qualcomn staduim, in Tierrasanta.

I don't like Norther's lyrics. I Listened to I think Death Unlimited in my fav cd store (wicked place) and read along with the lyrics. I noticed they all sounded EXACTLY the same to me in meaning: I want to die, life sucks, you suck, you should die. Very boring imo.

Heavenscent said:
I don't like Norther's lyrics. I Listened to I think Death Unlimited in my fav cd store (wicked place) and read along with the lyrics. I noticed they all sounded EXACTLY the same to me in meaning: I want to die, life sucks, you suck, you should die. Very boring imo.
Even if you don't like their lyrics, they are still worded much better than most of CoB's.

I live in La Mesa, are you guys going the anaheim show or the LA show. I went to both last time and was pissed because i didnt get let into the house of blues in hollywood until evergrey was over and bodom was coming out. Yeah Northers lyrics are pretty cheesy especially on dreams of endless war. i think lindroos is an excellent vocalist though.