Why do so many people dislike Deliverance?

MasterOLightning said:
Still Life still doesn't do it for me. It's my least favorite of all of their albums. I just don't feel it has as many great moments as BWP.

Same here. I have respect for it but, its my second least favorite by Opeth, placed right above Damnation.

DarknessEternal said:
imo if deliverance had been made by another band, it would have been much higher in my ratings. but i feel it's not opeth's best effore; it would be amazing for any other band, but a dissapointment for opeth :cry:

i much agree.....nto their best efforts.....but i still enjoy it very much

Static said:
:lol:

Are you retarded? I'm far from a fanboy, but adding more power chords? Hve you even listened to Damnation!? Maybe you mean Deliverance...

If not...fucking stupid post...:p

ALthough I have bashed Damnation as well. I was talking about deliverance. I just relized that guy was talking damnation randomnly.

I dont even want to discuss damnation. TO clear the confusion, I was talking about Deliverance's monotony and lack of harmony/atmosphere.

1. MAYH, BWP
2. Still Life, Deliverance
3. Orchid, Morningrise, Damnation

My first opeth album was MAYH and clearly I still love it. I thought deliv was fairly weak at first but after listening to their entire collection several hundred times I have to say its one of my favourites and probably the album i consider to be the most solid front to back. I find that I have Opeth albums for different moods, and I'm in the mood for deliv alot.