Wintersun opinions?

What is known is that the band presses and releases their own albums and have thus far only had them distributed through themselves, sending their material out free of charge to the buyer. As a result of this, the pressings are very limited.

How can a buyer get something free of charge?

Because they are expressing interest in purchase and are thus considered a buyer, and the band doesn't want to make money and so gives it to the prospective buyer for no cost.

i wanted to give Wintersun another try, but couldn't bear more than one song of this soulless, plastic cheesefest.
my view on how Wintersun could be a good band:
- no more shitty synths
- more clean vocals, less growls
- less boring solos
- more thought and spirit in the songs
- no fake epicness for the sake of being epic

I have to wonder, if you only print 20 copies and there are 4 band members, will anyone not related to a band member ever hear it? And does it really count as an actual release?

Also, obviously Tales Of Medusa aren't trying to make money, but they do want people to hear their stuff. Why the fuck don't they just release it free online?
My guess? The band is a bunch of guys stroking their self-image of struggling, underground warriors fighting the oppressive forces of modern music when they could just dump their shit on rapidfire and people would actually listen to them.

Well I'm not related to the band, so yeah, some people hear it.

Look up my previous posts on this subject because I'm not going through it again. Faulting a band for not resorting to digital means of sharing music is ridiculous.

If their objective is to have their music be heard without receiving money then it is foolish of them not to use something perfectly suited to that objective, but I guess it's pointless to argue about a band that doesn't exist.

If their objective is to have their music be heard without receiving money then it is foolish of them not to use something perfectly suited to that objective, but I guess it's pointless to argue about a band that doesn't exist.

I've talked about them before. They have no music available on the internet. They only release on records and tapes, and I have no way of ripping either, so I can't share their music. That's not going to stop me from talking about them. They're one of my personal favorite bands playing music right now based purely on the strength of their body of work. If you have a serious problem with somebody talking about a band because you don't have access to their music and automatically assume that somebody who talks about said band is doing it for attention, then you need to look at yourself and reevaluate your priorities. Get the fuck off of my back you worthless doppleniggers. Next time I attempt to contribute something by uploading album covers that most other people would have otherwise never seen, I'll remember that I shouldn't because it would only be me looking for attention.

Just to further comment on Tales Of Medusa's musical ethos:

Tales Of Medusa is a band that is entirely about the music. They do not want to have any distractions from their music, which is why they choose to be 100% independent in all things and do not work with record labels or have a website or myspace or anything. They write, record, produce, press, and distribute all of their music by themselves, and they do it all at their own expense. They don't even charge people shipping when they send people their records for free. This is why their music is so hard to obtain. Because they want to remain independent and distribute their music for free, they can only afford to press so many copies of their music. The largest run of any of their releases so far has only been 100. They're not trying to be kvlt or artificially obscure. It's just that their wishes to remain independent necessitate that. To be honest, it's a practice that I greatly respect, because it allows them to focus 100% on their music without worrying about dealing with record labels or PR agencies or even maintaining a website. They can hardly get off their ass to check their email more than a few times a year. The last time that I emailed them, I asked them about their thoughts on fans distributing their music. Obviously they haven't gotten back to me yet, but if it's okay with the band, I'll try to share their releases when I have the ability to rip cassettes and LPs. Though, I have my doubts of how many of you would even feel about them, since most of you talk about gay European Flower Metal and other assorted gay metal, whereas their music is more in line with the 80s American tradition.

Addendum with respect to your incessant whining as to why the band doesn't upload their music: I don't know. I'm not the band. I can only speculate. But given everything surrounding the band, my best guess would be that they don't like downloading and don't want their music being distributed through means that they don't support. Some people don't actually support downloading, you know, and don't even like the idea of digital media. Evidently, sure, maybe the band would like their music to be heard, but they would like their music to be heard on their own terms, and that is through personally sending people the music themselves.

Also, like I already said, most people here wouldn't even think anything of them, so this entire argument is kind of pointless. They play a very antiquated style of power/speed metal derived primarily from US power metal bands from the 80s. The vocals especially would be derided by most here. I even posted a sample of a song at one point and those who heard it were generally of the opinion that it wasn't very good. So stop caring.

First of all, hello everyone, I'm new here.

It took me a little while to let Wintersun and Ensiferum's singing vocals grow on me. When I first heard them they really annoyed me, but now I really appreciate them. The first half of Wintersun's album is really strong, but towards the end I lose interest, and there seems to be too much playfully-written music. Up until track 7 there are a few riffs that are unbelievably memorable and cleverly written. I actually really like the demo version of "Death and the Healing".

In terms of Ensiferum, I can never get enough of the newest album, and the self-titled album and Iron are true classics, especially for "folk metal".

"Time" will be released in 2020, hence the name.
:puke::headbang:

Addendum with respect to your incessant whining as to why the band doesn't upload their music: I don't know. I'm not the band. I can only speculate. But given everything surrounding the band, my best guess would be that they don't like downloading and don't want their music being distributed through means that they don't support. Some people don't actually support downloading, you know, and don't even like the idea of digital media. Evidently, sure, maybe the band would like their music to be heard, but they would like their music to be heard on their own terms, and that is through personally sending people the music themselves.

Also, like I already said, most people here wouldn't even think anything of them, so this entire argument is kind of pointless. They play a very antiquated style of power/speed metal derived primarily from US power metal bands from the 80s. The vocals especially would be derided by most here. I even posted a sample of a song at one point and those who heard it were generally of the opinion that it wasn't very good. So stop caring.

How do you find out about their releases if they don't really have a website?

Well, there was one forum where people actually talked about the band, but I'm banned there now. So I don't know whenever something new gets released now unless I ask somebody who still posts there (it's a private forum). In other words, it's all entirely word of mouth. I have no idea how anybody ever heard of the band to begin with and how the band had anybody to send their tapes to to begin with. The band just sends people their new material without warning, so I just have to hope that I still make the cut. I've received their last three releases, but I don't know if I'll get any more. They're supposed to have a new full-length this year though from what I was told like a year ago.