WOODS 4: The GREEN Album Studio Updates / Pre-order Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Necro-Cabin is off the grid and address-less. No postman would ever find this place. :heh:

You can send to the same address as before:

David Gold / W4
44 Poplar Ave
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
P6B 2W7

All mail is being forwarded to me, regularly.

Thanks!

DG - \w/

Going green with anticipation for the new album.... :)

Billede0006.jpg

Update on WOODS 4: The GREEN Album - The album is absolutely awesome. We've taken a little more time to investigate a few last ideas, to help bring the album just a little bit closer to perfection...and yes, we are close. The art and layout is being designed and finalized by the great Travis Smith (the artist behind OPETH, KATATONIA, ANATHEMA and many more of our favourite bands). Much more is being coordinated behind the scenes (as usual) to coincide with the release. Lots to do.

More news soon! Thanks for all the pre-orders! I can't wait for the world to hear this album. Could it be a classic in the making? Maybe. Time will tell, but I certainly think it COULD be. IMO, it would not have come undeserved.

DG - \w/

This is by far my most anticipated release of the year. I must have listened to "Everything I Touch Turns To Gold, Then To Coal" about 50 times now. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

"Everything I Touch Turns To Gold, Then To Coal"

That song being at track #2, the album only STARTS there, in more ways than one. It gets more brutal before it gets better, but then the album really starts to take off and expand into new ground at around track 6-7. I am most proud of the organization and logical flow of the moods, styles and content that travel throughout the 16 final tracks. I can't wait for this thing to explode 'round the world this fall! :ill::zombie::kickass:

Here's an art preview:

WOY42f2.jpg

WOYBackb.jpg

WOYband1.jpg

UPDATE, October 15 2009: The album has now been sent to mastering. We are only weeks away! btw - the art and layout being designed by Travis Smith is CRUSHINGLY beautiful, and relevant to the story. Anticipate! Salivate! Desire! It's coming! :kickass:

DG - \w/

Listen & Edit: Typing again, re-typing and typing all the lyrics for the booklet of WOODS OF YPRES-W4: The GREEN Album. 3050 heavy, heavy words in unique contexts (with no repeating lyrics printed twice)...As Sunday sinks to the bottom like a brick of lead thrown in the lake. \w/

Status
Not open for further replies.