Worship Music - fave tunes? Least faves?

TDYK has grown on me, i didn't like it much at first. what's still not so good about the song for me is the chorus but i'm getting used to it. i like the riff of the song, the groove overall and the vocals.

Yeah me too totally. I think the way it's set into the record between EOH and FETYC gives it more context too..... sitting between prob the 2 fastest tunes on the record gives it that room to breathe!

I concur with the above too. Reminds me a lot of Fueled actually.

still not in love with 'I'm Alive', i actually can't listen to the whole song although i tried several times. when i hear the chorus than i always skip the song, i doubt that it will grow on me.

Yeah me too totally. I think the way it's set into the record between EOH and FETYC gives it more context too..... sitting between prob the 2 fastest tunes on the record gives it that room to breathe!

Fight 'em's not that fast. The Giant is faster (sans chorus)

My current fave is Judas Priest. Love the way it flows through a few different parts especially the last section with riffs galore. Joey really shines on this tune imo too.

My current fave is Judas Priest. Love the way it flows through a few different parts especially the last section with riffs galore. Joey really shines on this tune imo too.
I hate Judas Priest, maybe the worst anthrax's song ever!
Faves:
The devil you know
The giant
The constant
Worst:
Judas priest
I'm alive

...I'm giving it a good rest...will pick it up when next one comes out...just for comparison...
...seriously I got bored too...dunno why...is it because some of those songs have been around for quite some time and the rest of them aren't that interesting????

If you want interesting songs, just give those Bushthrax albums a spin and enjoy such hits like 'Bare', 'A Toast To the Extras' and 'American Pompeii'. :tickled:

I like The Devil You Know, Giants and Fight Em'. Having said that I can easily listen to the whole Album without skipping a track.

there is alot pantera influence on the albums,earth on hell in the end but i dont really think it revoultion screams,i love the chromatic riffs,dimebag called them seasick riffs,really sludgy and slow.

i like all the songs on worship . maybe its me (i like hard rock and metal) but the cd seems to cover a broad range from thrash like hell on earth or giant or fight em to mellow rock almost southern hard rock with i.m alive devil and constant to anthem rock like song with in the end then goes kinda 90 ish self deprecating rock you know like pearl jam or sound garden with crawl then punk/electronic/rap with revolution and new noise showing the kinda connection to bands like rage against and linkin park or sum41. and then there is Judas priest it has that euro metal feel to it like priest or maiden.and as far as the little tidbits like worship hymn 1 and 2 and the little drum madness at the end of crawl it kinda fits to break up the record and has that Floyd or Rush type or structure to the whole cd. i guess if you are a purest (the type of person who likes their bands to be linear like slayer or ac/dc ) then worship might be a hard pill to swallow, and there is nothing wrong with that either....worship to me seems to be what the title says "WORSHIP MUSIC" ...all kinds from rock to metal. but you have to admit that there are only a few bands that do covers songs and retain the original but make it their own like anthrax... to me it seems like anthrax made a good well rounded rock/metal album i know i might get some backlash on this but worship is kinda like Metallica's black album ( a more refined well rounded album to appeal to all that like rock music with a welcome mat to the metal scene not to mention a well polished production.) and one more thing you could butt this cd right up to persistence and it keeps the joey lineup or anthrax current and up to date making the john bush era almost an alternative anthrax universe ( kinda like back to the future 2 with the alternate 1985...LOL)i know some of this might sound dumb but this is a forum where we just throw out ideas we have that's all.

Good post Twally67.

For me Worship Music is simply the follow up to WCFYA that was due a few years ago ;-)

I love it. Haven't listened to anything else since I got it.

I love it, Joey did a good job, but would have been better with John.

On some songs I could see John singing to it but on others I think his vocal range would've delivered a very different sound overall.

Personally I'm with the others though - this is Joey's record and I don't think Bush could've delivered the vocal range as it currently sounds - what would've had is a very different sound though. Not necessarily better or worse - just different.

No doubt Joey is the hero of WM...... but - I think Rob is a very close 2nd here. As good as Joey is, Rob's leads and fills are absolutely superb.

And as a major player in the production too..... he has done a super job on this record and is (I think) majorly undervalued by Anthrax fans.