Worship music with Nelson

he's a tool for suing anthrax,what band would want to hire him now,hes a fucking loser,talk about burning bridges,hope they paid him next to nothing,greedy prick wanted 2.5 millions lol.

I am just glad he get the songwriting credit he probably deserved, denying this was just as much as stealing.

Even if you hate Nelson, I don't see how you can think Anthrax didn't fuck him over.

Just looked at the updated writing credits, only songs Nelson didn't help write are In the End and Judas Priest...... which means the rest of the album was recorded with Nelson on vocals. So much for the band going back and rewriting the album or whatever they claimed.

I kinda want to hear Nelson on the Devil You Know and the Constant.

Wikipedia.....which is sourced on there so it's legit.

EDIT: Apparently it's not on there, but from what is known from the settlement, the band gave some money and writing credits, so...........

Even if you hate Nelson, I don't see how you can think Anthrax didn't fuck him over.

Point. To be honest I don't really know what's up with all the sheepish Nelson hate. No one knows the guy personally, and I don't belive in any of the shit Scott and Charlie have thrown at him. If anything he helped the band survive when they had fucked Joey Belladonna over for the second time, and helped make the new record. Scott later admitted in an interview that they made that story of him not appearing on the airport up. They fired him from the band for no apparent reason and lied about it, end of story.

They fired him from the band for no apparent reason and lied about it, end of story.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there were reasons. His live performance sucked. He was a yeller rather than a singer. And he was just a dick, as interviews with Charlie stated that he was a bully. Maybe in the studio he was the consummate professional but on tour, a prick.

You make it seem like all was peaches and cream and then bam, they fire him for "no apparent reason". Did they lie to the media? Perhaps, people stretch the truth when they're asked uncomfortable questions. It's human nature.

Maybe WM would have sounded great with him. Who the fuck knows? But I'll tell you what. NO WAY in hell would Anthrax live sound as good as they do now. Joey just knows how to SING. And he's a hell of a better stage performer too. He's a maniacal goofball. There are plenty of youtube clips to prove this point.

So you can speculate all you want with the Dan Nelson situation. But the writing is on the wall. They decided to give a local hero no name dude a shot. They wrote and recorded an album with him. Hit the road with him, and things just didn't work out. So they made the not so easy decision of pulling the trigger on him regardless of how much progress had been made in producing the album or any idea on who would sing next.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there were reasons. His live performance sucked. He was a yeller rather than a singer. And he was just a dick, as interviews with Charlie stated that he was a bully. Maybe in the studio he was the consummate professional but on tour, a prick.

You make it seem like all was peaches and cream and then bam, they fire him for "no apparent reason". Did they lie to the media? Perhaps, people stretch the truth when they're asked uncomfortable questions. It's human nature.

Maybe WM would have sounded great with him. Who the fuck knows? But I'll tell you what. NO WAY in hell would Anthrax live sound as good as they do now. Joey just knows how to SING. And he's a hell of a better stage performer too. He's a maniacal goofball. There are plenty of youtube clips to prove this point.

So you can speculate all you want with the Dan Nelson situation. But the writing is on the wall. They decided to give a local hero no name dude a shot. They wrote and recorded an album with him. Hit the road with him, and things just didn't work out. So they made the not so easy decision of pulling the trigger on him regardless of how much progress had been made in producing the album or any idea on who would sing next.

here here:)

This ^

No significant changes in I'm Alive, Revolution Screams or Earth on Hell (at least from the super shitty recordings of it). Only really changed part in Fight Em was the devil's darkest nightmare part.

Although there were changes to arrangements, guitars, melodies, vocals, etc, I recall Scott mentioning in a recent interview the songs kept for the current WM album released didn't change that much and that other songs were scrapped

Wikipedia.....which is sourced on there so it's legit.

EDIT: Apparently it's not on there, but from what is known from the settlement, the band gave some money and writing credits, so...........

Its still on there:

All songs written by Anthrax (except "New Noise", written and originally performed by Refused). Tracks 2,3,4,5,8,11,12 and 13 co-written with Dan Nelson
No. Title Length
1. "Worship" 1:41
2. "Earth on Hell" 3:11
3. "The Devil You Know" 4:46
4. "Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't" 5:48
5. "I'm Alive" 5:37
6. "Hymn 1" 0:38
7. "In the End" 6:46
8. "The Giant" 3:47
9. "Hymn 2" 0:44
10. "Judas Priest" 6:24
11. "Crawl" 5:29
12. "The Constant" 5:01
13. "Revolution Screams" 6:10
14. "New Noise" (Hidden track; Begins at 11:08)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship_Music_(album)

Actually, I'm pretty sure there were reasons. His live performance sucked.

Well as far as I remember correctly (as Scott's and Charlie's recent interviews haven't quite washed my brain yet), they were licking his balls all the time. "Dan's the best singer we've ever had" blah blah, howmany times had I heard this. I don't think that after two years they just could come out and say "you know, we've just found out that the guy who we'd been sucking his cock each and every time, did a Maiden tour with and wrote and recorded an album with, can't really sing, so we kicked him out". According to the bootleg of one of the last shows I've heard with him, he got a lot better than he was in the beginning and really nailed all the songs. Joey's last performance I've seen (Sonisphere) was beyond terrible stagewise and singingwise but I believe he's gotten better too...I'm going to the Prague show in December and I hope I will be pleasantly surprised...

Well as far as I remember correctly (as Scott's and Charlie's recent interviews haven't quite washed my brain yet), they were licking his balls all the time. "Dan's the best singer we've ever had" blah blah, howmany times had I heard this. I don't think that after two years they just could come out and say "you know, we've just found out that the guy who we'd been sucking his cock each and every time, did a Maiden tour with and wrote and recorded an album with, can't really sing, so we kicked him out". According to the bootleg of one of the last shows I've heard with him, he got a lot better than he was in the beginning and really nailed all the songs. Joey's last performance I've seen (Sonisphere) was beyond terrible stagewise and singingwise but I believe he's gotten better too...I'm going to the Prague show in December and I hope I will be pleasantly surprised...

Joey's worst night stagewise and singing would still be better than Dan Nelson at his finest(at least with Anthrax). You're a musician, you should know about this. Anthrax's music is heavy with lots of kick bass drums and bottom heavy overall. Joey's high voice compliments it well. It's the ying and the yang that made this band popular in the first place. Dan Nelson has a low registered voice There's nothing wrong with this, it just doesn't belong with Anthrax unless it's a gang vocal. I only saw them live once with him but they sounded really generic with him up there and the overall tone was muddy. I thought to myself "this band is not gonna last very much longer". I can't imagine them having their recent success if they had stuck with Dan Nelson.

Saying their current singer is the best singer they've ever had is what EVERY BAND in history has pretty much ever done.

Saying their current singer is the best singer they've ever had is what EVERY BAND in history has pretty much ever done.

You're right about this. But there's always ways how to put things when you don't want to shit in your mouth completely. Sadly, this is what Scott does very often.