Worst Concert

One of the times I saw Arch Enemy, one of the opening acts was some death metal band from mexico...and about the only two words of english the vocalist knew were 'fuck' and 'metal'

that was the only high point...because it was funny
otherwise they were lame

I was hangin out at the local joint where local bands play...there were these kids on stage (had to be between the ages of 10 and 12) and they were playing punk on Marshall amps and Jackson guitars and shit. All of this expensive equipment and they sounded terrible. The drummer had this pissed off constipated look on his face. It was hilarious.

The experience wasn't bad, the music was terrible though...so I guess that counts

Definitely has to be Danzig when he was touring with Ozzfest...before Ozzfest started to suck ass! The line up was, Biohazard, Sepultura, Danzig, and Ozzy...not bad....but Glenn shoulda stayed home cuz he was horrible!

Probably Metallica in July. It wasn't their fault at all though. I saw them at the Metrodome here in Minnesota. The sound was so terrible that I will NEVER go see another show there. Even if Opeth was going to play a four hour show I probably wouldn't go. It was that bad! The funny thing was that the night before that I saw my favorite show of all time. Opeth with Porcupine Tree at The Fine Line in Minneapolis. Excellent venue with fantastic sound. I've been to hundreds of shows in my 27 years, but I an easily say that was the best!

Hatebreed. I went for shadows fall and six feet under. Other than those two bands... it was awful. Stupid hardcore kids ruined it for me, hatebreed sucked of course..... half the time i was worried that some fat hardcore moron was going to flatten me or my girlfriend.... It sucked.

the worst band i've ever seen was some puked up nu-metal pile of excrement named Endo that opened for Megadeth. Thankfully the crowd gave them total shit and 'deth played a good 2.5 hours worth of set.

other then that one Dream Theater show was just shitty, sound was bad, setlist was crap (all the slow elevator music stuff) and I nearly feel asleep. Really sad for a band that when I saw before played all of Six Degrees and held my attention for 3 solid hours of amazement.

Wolftribe said:
Hatebreed. I went for shadows fall and six feet under. Other than those two bands... it was awful. Stupid hardcore kids ruined it for me, hatebreed sucked of course..... half the time i was worried that some fat hardcore moron was going to flatten me or my girlfriend.... It sucked.
i know how that is...same situation for me at the Yager tour....all the stupid fat ass fucks with no tee shirts on trying to "fuck someone up in the pit" but the whole place became a stupid hardcore pit with all their stupid ass dancing and shit....what waste of life

Triumphant Apostle said:
Probably Metallica in July. It wasn't their fault at all though. I saw them at the Metrodome here in Minnesota. The sound was so terrible that I will NEVER go see another show there. Even if Opeth was going to play a four hour show I probably wouldn't go. It was that bad! The funny thing was that the night before that I saw my favorite show of all time. Opeth with Porcupine Tree at The Fine Line in Minneapolis. Excellent venue with fantastic sound. I've been to hundreds of shows in my 27 years, but I an easily say that was the best!

i dunno man.... 4 hours? that's a lot of time... i think i'd drive to minnesota to see 4 hours of opeth...

I went on a Satyricon-show, and the opening act was a band named Kold... The sound was bad, and the band was not that good either.. i didn't even bother to see them, just went down to the bar and hang aroung there until Satyricon went on... I did see Kold not that long ago, opening for Dimmu Borgir, and the sound was still crappy but the band seemed to be better... and Dimmu sucked!!

Haha I saw Khold when they opened for Satyricon over here too! Complete wank. Boring, boring black metal, terrible stuff. Satyricon ruled though.

I've been to some pretty dire gigs featuring local Irish bands, but they don't count 'cause I can't even remember most of them.

Probably the worst 'known' band I saw was Hate Eternal. They were supported by Kataklysm who were excellent, but HE were terrible. They were far too loud first of all, it was impossible to make out any riffs. Erik's growls were substandard because he's the only guitarist and its impossible for anyone to play precision guitar and do vocals at the same time, especially brutal death metal. They were shite.

Dimmu Borgir, and the sound was still crappy but the band seemed to be better... and Dimmu sucked!!
I saw this video of a live Dimmu set once and they were bloody awful, looked so much like they were just going through the motions it was terrible.

hehe, when Khold opened for Dimmu it seemed they used the same boring riff through the whole consert. It was a heavy, kinda Metallica-riff, like: duh-duh-duh, and the few people who stood in front of the stage was jumping up and down shouting "Hey! Hey! Hey!" and by the way, it was alot of posers and skaters there with big pants and green capses... I guess Dimmu is getting TOO huge. And on top of that crappy sound.. not a cool night, and I lost the very little respect I had to Dimmu...

hummm... i think.. i don't know..

i don't have a lot of "concert-gig" expirience, so i don't consider myself capable to judge.

But i know...the best concert i have ever been. OPETH in Mexico a few days ago, second place, Metallica.

worst concert was on the Deliverence tour. Paradise Lost was total crap, I have a very hard time believing this is the same band who did Gothic and Icon. And the other opening band was even worse. I think it was tapping the vein or something. They were total crap, like a 5th rate Left Hand Solution. Opeth weren't that great that night either.