Worst Concert

The worst one I've seen was Danzig/Superjoint Ritual/Opeth.
I got stuck in traffic, so I missed Opeth! So, rather than be out $40 & leave, I figuered I'd stay a while. Superjoint is a shit band & therefore was a shitty show (He shoulda stuck with Pantera) & Danzig was also lame. Not only was the music horrible, but he was barley singing into the mic.
I still get mad, just thinking about that night!

Brotherelf said:
The worst one I've seen was Danzig/Superjoint Ritual/Opeth.
I got stuck in traffic, so I missed Opeth! So, rather than be out $40 & leave, I figuered I'd stay a while. Superjoint is a shit band & therefore was a shitty show (He shoulda stuck with Pantera) & Danzig was also lame. Not only was the music horrible, but he was barley singing into the mic.
I still get mad, just thinking about that night!
Figures a faggot Opeth fan would say something like this. Superjoint Ritual puts on probably the most energetic show I've seen at a small venue. You probably can't handle the intensity of a real metal act.

Worst show for me was Opeth. All of the opening bands sucked, and that was the night I stopped liking Opteh. Half because they sucked, half because I saw how pathetic their fans were. It was like a big D&D convention.

You probably can't handle the intensity of a real metal act.

Yeah, because when I think of "real metal act" I think of 50 two minute songs that all sound the same, have no solos, and Phil Anselmo walking around for five minutes garbelling drunken/stoned nonsense into a microphone

unknown said:
Yeah, because when I think of "real metal act" I think of 50 two minute songs that all sound the same, have no solos, and Phil Anselmo walking around for five minutes garbelling drunken/stoned nonsense into a microphone
Someone had to say it!. SJR fucking sucks dude, mainly for what has already been said above. Thats not metal no matter what Phil thinks, he is a doofus. Overdose already!

Anyways worst concert for me was probably EdgeFest 2001. Tool was headlining and thats who I wanted to see. But in order to see them, I had to endure like 10 hours of crap. Tea Party was quite good though, wicked band, but Tool was amazing. Some other problems was that it was like only 10 degrees celcius and this was cold since it was July!, that sucked. And Tool's set was cut short as well, they didnt have enough time and consequently 1 song was cut short due to curfew problems.

And it doesn't have to be complex...

I listen to Porcupine Tree and they're nowhere near as heavy or complex at times...and their last cd only had a few solos

go to blabbermouth and look at the news bits about SJR and what people have to say about him.

Yeah, because the opinions of the people who read and post on blabbermouth know more about music than everyone else, and their opinions should be followed by everyone else. Where's the roll eyes smiley when you need it?

FACT: SJR is not supposed to be complex, groundbreaking, original. It's Phil playing metal/hardcore crossover, music he loved back in the 80's. It's a jam band, to go completely apeshit to and not to go out and buy their latest CD and listen to it in the dark and weep tears of joy when you hear the beautiful melodies. Basically, it's for people who don't have their heads up their asses when it comes to metal.

FACT: Opeth is gay

FACT: Someone's going to ask me "If opeth is so gay, why do you like them?" to which I'll say: "Because you fuckers get so upset so easily, and it makes me laugh."

Izzy, maybe if you got your head out of your ass you might realize that whether or not someone liked SJR and whether or not people like Opeth is a matter of opinion. Stop trying to sound like SJR are the saviours of metal and open your eyes. People are allowed to hate the bands you like, and to some people energetic metalcore isn't what gets a response from them. I'm sure there are people out there who love both Opeth and Superjoint, but the only FACT is that you're a closeminded metal elitist moron who should suck it up that not everyone loves his favourite bands.

I try to go to at least a few a year if possible. This year I saw Opeth twice and they owned, but I also went and saw Queensryche and Dream Theater at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago and thought it sucked. I went because Queensryche really got me into a more melodic kind of thing back in the 80's with Operation : Mindcrime and I thought I should at least see them once in my life live. They were ok, but Dream Theater sucked shit. I was expecting a great performance with their best songs, but they played shit that night. I even left before the encores which is rare for me. Oh well.

Matt

hq2nort said:
What was the worst concert you guys have ever seen>

stefan86 said:
MurderDolls.
Terrible, terrible, terrible numetal act.
They opened up for Iron Maiden in June and 30,000 ppl gave em the middlefinger.
The singer looked like he was gonna cry.
Haha yeah, that was some hilarious shit...
"Come on, we love Iron maiden too!!"

I have never seen so many middle-fingers in my entire life.

Well, Izzy Junior (aka Jr. Shithead)

No, actually the most energetic show is probably Napalm Death!
I started listening to them about 13 years ago...& you say I can't handle metal?
They are some of the true pioneers of metal!
Heres some valuable advice for a living piece of worthless, recource consuming shit like yourself.....Take your fucken gay limp bizkit/superjoint ritual/blink182 listening faggot ass the hell outta here & choke on a fat cock, you brainwashed kid!
Superjoint is nothing more than a terrible noise pollution factory.
So, stop breathing MY air, eating MY food, drinking MY water & get the fuck off MY planet!

Worst concert? A crappy rap wanna be rock act by the name of Trik Turner. Horrible stuff. It was at a 7 hour concert with 6 bands. I walked around for a bit untill they were over. At least no money was wasted; the show was free.

Triumphant Apostle said:
Probably Metallica in July. It wasn't their fault at all though. I saw them at the Metrodome here in Minnesota. The sound was so terrible that I will NEVER go see another show there. Even if Opeth was going to play a four hour show I probably wouldn't go. It was that bad! The funny thing was that the night before that I saw my favorite show of all time. Opeth with Porcupine Tree at The Fine Line in Minneapolis. Excellent venue with fantastic sound. I've been to hundreds of shows in my 27 years, but I an easily say that was the best!
I was there too- front row. :)

Worst show I've ever seen was Isis and Mogwai. I had heard good things about both bands, but I just despised Isis. I've never seen a band look so bored and have such little stage prescence. I left in the middle of Mogwai, and now I know that I don't like watching bands that do entire shows of soundscape stuff.