Worst Vocalists In Metal

Hypnos said:
bullshit. Warrel Dane is brilliant.

I agree, but he is an acquired taste. I found his singing to be pretty awkward the first few times I heard him.

The vocalist for Dream Theater. christ.

Warrel can sound decent on cd, but when I saw nevermore live he could not actual sing, he just yelled.

I agree with LaBrie. I dunno, when i saw them live, Warrel sounded exactly like he did on CD, maybe he was sick when you saw him, he tends to get like that sometimes. Warrel Dane is an absolute genius, i absoloutely adore his vox and omfg.... the lyrics he writes. By far some of the best in metal period.

Dave Mustaine is clearly the worst one.
While I do find his voice to be the absolute worst aspect of Megadeth's music, I think saying he's the worst vocalist around is a bit harsh. I think he sounded pretty good on A Tout Le Monde (not the new shitty version with Cristina Scabbia, the original version) and a few other songs, though he's far from a good vocalist.

I still think the Nevermore dude is the worst. But thats my oppinion. Im pissed too cause Id love to like this band, I do like the music behind the vocals but everytime that dude opens his mouth I just cringe and turn it off. Sucks... But Im also not a hudge fan of power metal vocals and he does those really weird, he tries to be a little hardcore with his style but powermetal vocals will nerver have that edge of hard....

^^dude, there's a fine difference between not liking someone's vocals and claiming he's the worst vocalist. i can fully understand why you might not like Warrel's vocals, but at least you have to admit this guy can sing. it's just that you don't like his style of singing

lol who cares how he says it. if you disagree with his point then disagree with it. this PC stuff of "please reword your statements so they're less offensive to my own opinion" miserably inflates these threads probably more than anything else. it makes no difference if he says "Dane fucking sucks" or "I don't like Dane." it's like demanding the words "in my opinion" be thrown onto every statement about music. it's common bloody goddamn sense that it's opinion, he doesn't need to state it. drop the search for justification of what you listen to through others

Seance! How dare you. How dare you call out this petty buttsniffer Fetischismus?

No sir, we shall stick to our obsession of other's inner-representations of ourselves.

Seance! How dare you. How dare you call out this petty buttsniffer Fetischismus?

No sir, we shall stick to our obsession of other's inner-representations of ourselves.

nah, its important to embrace what your self can't comprehend. we are social creatures. i've fallen in love with music before, simply because a person i was attracted to was in love with it. through that attraction, i found something in the music, and not just in a nostalgic sense. thats pretty much the point of the endless "my favorite" threads, and the arguments that follow. i'm still trying to find a love for kenny chesney equal to that of my mother's.

nahhh

well, i do have to draw the line somewhere...i fucking can't stand kenny chesney...but shit, i really am missing out on something. my mother is a gifted musician, and fucking loves the guy.

^^shitdammit dude justin, there's a fine difference between claiming they aren't into girls and claiming they're all gay.