Worst Vocalists In Metal

wtf? there's a huge difference between not liking someone's vocals and claiming hes the worst vocalist. it's fine you don't like the vocals of these guys, but it's ridiculous to say, they are weak vocalists. they have fine technical ability and are quite good for their genre.
i for myself cannot stand the vocals of Steve Wilson and Thom Yorke. this fact keeps me off listening to PT and Radiohead, although i find the music quite fine. their vocals just ruin it for me. but i would never go that far and claim these guys are worst vocalist, i know they're talented and have their style. it's just my own taste, that i don't like them.
this is also directed at all the people mentioning King Diamond or Warrel Dane here. i can fully comprehend when someone might not like their vocals, but still they're amazing vocalists, some of the best out there.

I don't like their singing style, and this is one of the main reasons why i don't like the bands they sing for. I think there is nothing wrong with this; I am not so much interested in their 'technical ability' , which, by the way, i can consider good only for Kiske.

this is also directed at all the people mentioning King Diamond or Warrel Dane here. i can fully comprehend when someone might not like their vocals, but still they're amazing vocalists, some of the best out there.

IMO, King Diamond sounds bad. It just makes my ears and head hurt. The only talent I think he has is at sounding horrifyingly bad. There is no vocalist who sounds as bad as him. Therefore, he is the worst vocalist.

yes king diamond is amazing at sounding like a demented witch

And that is why King is King, and no one else can reproduce his unique vocal style, and endless amazing quality metal masterpieces he endlessly produces. If no one has ever seen a King show regardless of not liking the the vocal style, you will in time because I highly recommend it! His musicians are fucking amazing ,and the live show he puts on are unlike any other in the music business, Dimebag played solos on one of his albums for hells sake.

Hail the KING:headbang: and Mercyful Fate

And that is why King is King, and no one else can reproduce his unique vocal style, and endless amazing quality metal masterpieces he endlessly produces. If no one has ever seen a King show regardless of not liking the the vocal style, you will in time because I highly recommend it! His musicians are fucking amazing ,and the live show he puts on are unlike any other in the music business, Dimebag played solos on one of his albums for hells sake.

Hail the KING:headbang: and Mercyful Fate
word

Am I the only one who can't stand screaming/growling chicks?

Not trying to be sexist

Why is that? Angela sounds quite similar to a pitch-shifted Akerfeldt, I discovered (when pitch-shifting his vocals ;_; ). And regardless I'd MUCH, MUCH rather listen to her than the shitty metalcore-style yelling of every metalcore band ever and bands like Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, etc. Not to mention all those br00tal deth metal idiots that sound like fat burping toads.

Am I the only one who can't stand screaming/growling chicks?

Not trying to be sexist

Is it just that they don't come across as feminine or something? I can vaguely understand that, but I don't particularly find it a turn-off or anything.

Maybe you've just heard bands that happen to be shit, who, coincidentally, have a female vocalist. :p Especially metal bands that make it a point to publicise the fact that their vocalist is female, since
the music often doesn't stack up and that's the only way they can pull bored and horny metalheads to shows.

Anyway, I've seen/heard quite a few bands with females doing utterly savage and brutal vocals who aren't all "hey look at me I'm a chick look at my tits and tight curves!" onstage or in photoshoots.

Having said that, I can't stand female operatic vocals in metal. :p

wtf? there's a huge difference between not liking someone's vocals and claiming hes the worst vocalist. it's fine you don't like the vocals of these guys, but it's ridiculous to say, they are weak vocalists. they have fine technical ability and are quite good for their genre.
i for myself cannot stand the vocals of Steve Wilson and Thom Yorke. this fact keeps me off listening to PT and Radiohead, although i find the music quite fine. their vocals just ruin it for me. but i would never go that far and claim these guys are worst vocalist, i know they're talented and have their style. it's just my own taste, that i don't like them.

I think you're mistaken in thinking that everyone does or should evaluate music purely on a technical basis. For a lot of people, listening to music has something to do with sound and not just learning technique. I think James LaBrie is living, walking proof that all the technique, range, note duration and theatrics in the world cannot save a poor vocalist from sounding just so: poor, whether he can hit the notes or not. To me, music is an art, not a science which is to be qualified based on measurements, but by the resulting product.

I'd have to say, however, that if someone else wanted to listen to or create music solely from a mathematical perspective, then that's great and I'd even listen to it! Maybe I'd even like it?

I dunno about the lyrics, I just figured they always sucked, but yeah...his growls weren't bad. If we were going on clean vocals alone he'd probably be up there though.