Worst Vocalists In Metal

Though evidently even if she's the best singer ever on later albums people like Liquid Tension would still say she's the worst singer in metal history because their poor ears were offended by earlier work. I don't hold the thin, off-key warblings of Akerfeldt on Orchid against him still,

This is another time that you're incorrect and it's stupid that you would assume something like this...

Using Akerfeldt is a perfect example of why you are wrong and I would expect that most people are smart enough to think differently then you.... Oh well....

This is another time that you're incorrect and it's stupid that you would assume something like this...

Using Akerfeldt is a perfect example of why you are wrong and I would expect that most people are smart enough to think differently then you.... Oh well....

rofl, Akerfeldt on the earlier albums really are out of key. April ethereal is a perfect example at 3:42. And as wankerness said, its pretty much scattered across orchid. so be quiet child.

rofl, Akerfeldt on the earlier albums really are out of key. April ethereal is a perfect example at 3:42. And as wankerness said, its pretty much scattered across orchid. so be quiet child.

HUH???

I agree that Akerfeldt wasn't real good on Orchid AND because of that for wankerness to claim that myself or anyone else for that matter wouldn't like his vocals as he progressed as a singer is STUPID....

What's so hard to follow? Wankerness was incorrect to assume that I would never like Monika's vocals because of her terrible output on their first two discs.....

You two are comical....

What's so hard to follow? Wankerness was incorrect to assume that I would never like Monika's vocals because of her terrible output on their first two discs.....

You two are comical....

What's so hard to follow is that you just said the opposite of this a few posts ago (" I'll take you word that Monika sounded better on their last disc... That still doesn't change my mind...."), so I responded accordingly.

She sucked as a singer on their first two discs and MANY other people agree with me on this.... It doesn't really matter if you claim that she sounded better on their last disc and I'll take your word that she did but that doesn't change that the fact that she is one of the worst singers in metal...

Is this too hard to follow now?

She sucked as a singer on their first two discs and MANY other people agree with me on this.... It doesn't really matter if you claim that she sounded better on their last disc and I'll take your word that she did but that doesn't change that the fact that she is one of the worst singers in metal...

Is this too hard to follow now?

That's what I thought you said the first time, and why I said the opeth thing. So now we've established that:

1) You think that she is one of the worst singers ever regardless of whether or not she improved, thus grading her on her early crimes,

2) You think that Mikael Akerfeldt is good because he improved on later albums, thus not grading him on his early crimes.

Thus, hypocrite. Acknowledge that if she's good on later albums she's not one of the worst singers, or say Akerfeldt is only as good as his worst and earliest material. OR I WILL PUNCH YOUR FACE!

1) You think that she is one of the worst singers ever regardless of whether or not she improved, thus grading her on her early crimes,

Your opinion about her improving is taken in good faith because it's not really that hard to believe that she didn't improve somewhat... Until I hear her again and have her show some consistancy with this improvement she still SUCKS.... If one good sounding disc makes the singer then Labrie doesn't deserve to be on this list using YOUR theory... He does sound good on most discs that don't have the DT name on it....

Monika's goal is to annoy the listener.... These are her words so I will take her word that she will continue this practice... Most of the other singers like Akerfeldt want to improve so his steady improvement especially after countless discs makes up for the early issues....

- Micheal Kiske, Kai Hansen, Hansi Kürsch (i am not a big fan of german metal)
wtf? there's a huge difference between not liking someone's vocals and claiming hes the worst vocalist. it's fine you don't like the vocals of these guys, but it's ridiculous to say, they are weak vocalists. they have fine technical ability and are quite good for their genre.
i for myself cannot stand the vocals of Steve Wilson and Thom Yorke. this fact keeps me off listening to PT and Radiohead, although i find the music quite fine. their vocals just ruin it for me. but i would never go that far and claim these guys are worst vocalist, i know they're talented and have their style. it's just my own taste, that i don't like them.
this is also directed at all the people mentioning King Diamond or Warrel Dane here. i can fully comprehend when someone might not like their vocals, but still they're amazing vocalists, some of the best out there.

Reactions: Mr Samsara