Worst Vocalists In Metal

... You like Shagrath's vox and you think that Filth sucks? To me, i first started getting used to Filth's vox before i got used to Shagrath's, they are both excellent vocalists imo, and they somewhat sound the same... i just can't say i know a person that likes one but despises the other.

... You like Shagrath's vox and you think that Filth sucks? To me, i first started getting used to Filth's vox before i got used to Shagrath's, they are both excellent vocalists imo, and they somewhat sound the same... i just can't say i know a person that likes one but despises the other.

I've tried to get used to Danis vox but it's pretty hard, his voice is just way too high, there's no power behind it.

I have news for both of you. You are comparing shit to shite

If you're not into blackmetal i understand you think so, but if you listen to Shagrath's vox it's brutal and powerful but clear. You can hear what he "sings". I don't think danis vox are either brutal or clear.

LaBrie and Maynard are not shite. Johnathan Davis, however, has the progressively become worse with each new album.. Sure he was fairly original in his style at first.. But originality doesn't always = good.
He is now a multi-millionaire, yet his whining tone is now worse than ever.. And once again, the korn-babble nonsense is just fucking awful. He is shite. He is bad. You may like his style, sure, but he really isn't talented in the slightest bit.

In terms of singing capability, he's not that bad. Sure no where near being the best ever, but I dont think he deserves the title "worst singer." There would be plenty of much worse than him. Originality doesnt equal good of course, but it does make up for something.

As for Dream Theater. Give me a break. Ok so you dont like the style, I still bet none of you can hit the notes he can. Doesnt even come close to the worst singer ever.

And anyway, I thought we were discussin the worst singer in metal :rolleyes:

And no to Dave Mustaine. Dont go there!!!!

My vote would go to COB. I actually like the style in the way it suits the music to a degree. But it does get extremely annoying, and is really quite horrid.

Dani Filth has quite a range, if nothing else. I didn't think anyone over the age of 5 could hit those notes in "sodomy and lust." The guy sounds like the wicked witch of the west.

Dude from Psycroptic gets my vote. Just....weird. It's like he's doing the Jack Black "inward singing" thing. It actually makes me laugh, which probably isn't what they were going for.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ozzy Osbourne so far, usually when I see these topics him and Dave Mustaine come out on top. Though, once again, neither comes close to being as bad as Attilla or The Gathering Boy.