Worst Vocalists In Metal

i didn't used to mind angela gossow until i saw arch enemy on gigantour and watched their live apocalypse dvd and now i can't stand her...kinda sucks too cuz i think arch enemy makes some decent music.

Maynard is a great singer, i won't even pay attention to such stupidity

completley agree. for those against maynard go put in aenima, listen to third eye, pushit, h, eulogy, and so on. if he's not your cup o' tea i understand, but dont say he cant sing, thats ignorant.

Maynard? What the fuck. You can hate him, but he's objectively light years better than say, that fuck on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. The title track on that has the most comically awful vocals I've ever heard. Is his name Atilla? He's definitely first place. Anyone who says Maynard is just trying to be a controversial prick, or they have only heard about 5 singers.

Second place goes to the guy on the Gathering's "Almost a Dance." He sounds like some kind of off-key rennaissance fair attendee.

Britney Spears (her cover of I love Rock'n Roll was Lesbo IMO)
The dude from Lamb of god is quite awful as most of hardcore style singers

Britney Spears (her cover of I love Rock'n Roll was Lesbo IMO)
The dude from Lamb of god is quite awful as most of hardcore style singers

Definitely agree about the hardcore vocalists. Some are tolerable, but most just suck !

I'd also have to agree about the Dream Theatre singer mentioned earlier. I only listen to them to hear Petrucci's work.

When it comes to bands I like Brian Fair is the only singer I would like to find a replacement for.

I used to think Lord Worm was laughable when I first started listening to Cryptopsy, but you get used to him. I actually like what he puts over certain parts, but I can't ignore the fact that he doesn't pronounce shit.

...But I find it really difficult to get used to Dani Filth. Granted, inhale screaming has definately got to take practice and skill, but still - he sounds like fuckin' invader zim.

The guy from Demilich is still pretty funny though.