Worst written Opeth song.

SextoyAddiction said:
I would never really say that opeth has horribly written songs, because well, they dont. I do believe that some of the stuff off of their first album sounds super silly though. And some of the lyrics on damnation where not to bright, not to say that they didnt have their well written songs.

"In solitude I wander....
Through the vast enchanted forest
The surrounding skies are one
Torn apart by the phenomenon of lightning
Rain is pouring down my (now) shivering shoulders
In the rain my tears are forever lost"
As much as I love the Apostle In triumph, enchanted forst made me laugh.

yeah, so DISCUSS!

those are some of the best lyric writing in music It takes a lot of skill to write poetic lyrics like that. This is IMO what makes Opeth unique. They don't just write heavy death metal tunes, they actually focus on the musical aspect.

bball_1523 said:
those are some of the best lyric writing in music It takes a lot of skill to write poetic lyrics like that. This is IMO what makes Opeth unique. They don't just write heavy death metal tunes, they actually focus on the musical aspect.
I think some parts of those lyrics are pretty damn good and others are very cheesy.

I'd say Black Rose Immortal, at least halfway through the song when it just makes a sound of water or something in the background, and then basically switches to part 2. That's why I've changed my mind about it now, and I think they should have split it into 2 different tracks.

Illidan said:
Lyrically, Godhead's Lament.
Musically, Into the Frost of Winter
:cry: :cry: i absolutley love the lyrics to Godhead's. I'm sorry you feel that way....

Aarohi said:
Whats with the abbreviations like TGC or GOP? How long does it take to type out the full name of a track? :erk:

Young, sexy people that live on the forums call it TGC, because when you say the entire song-name, it takes time, and then you wouldn’t be young anymore.

Pethical said:
do you write out the last names of all your friends? (which i assume, being in india, are very very long). you are even abbreviating where in India you are from!!

Are you comparing your friends' names to Opeth's track titles? :erk:

And no, not all Indian last names are long. Its only so in the south. India's very diverse for anything to be generalised about it this easily. As for PB, its a state's name.. its MEANT to have an abbreviation.

As for the song names being abbreviated.. you are displaying nothing but your fanboy-ness when you do that. One shouldn't have to go browse his library to find out what you're talking about. Be sufficiently descriptive. Thats the purpose of humans having language at all. Get other humans to understand what you're saying.. not just your own kind.

IamReptar said:
Most retarded thing I have read all day. Congrats.

I wouldent call the statement retarded. If you look at some of the lyrics to the songs on the damnation album, they are chessy as hell

EX: I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading
I try to forget you as you forgot me
This time there is nothing left for you to take, this is goodbye - in mytime of need