Your Favorite Viking/Folk Metal Band

I wonder...are there are folk/post metal crossovers? It doesn't seem like they would necessarily mix all that well, but I like both genres well enough so it's a curiosity.

ah i meant i know theyre neofolk but some are a mixture of other things and they really dont belong up top. I could have put Ashtar down there too.

Also with that link I forgot Of the Wand & the Moon but I dont think ive heard ANYTHING else listed there, I'm suprised I don't atleast know Empyrium their stuff came out in the era of when I was looking for it

edit: Naervaer too. im a big fan of green carnation and in the woods how the fuck do i miss these things?

ah i meant i know theyre neofolk but some are a mixture of other things

oh.
I'm not that familiar with Death In June, I just recall them being a bit eclectic.
Tenhi is a bit more mellow Rock-like than most Neofolk, but Forseti seem practically archetypal of the genre.
I've always been content to think of them all as just Neofolk, probably because I don't listen to much of it.

I dont think ive heard ANYTHING else listed there

Vali is worth checking out. and Halgadom (though some of their material is Pagan BM, but their page explains which are the neofolk albums/halfalbums).

p.s.
which Ancient were you referring to (the one from Norway or Sweden)?

New find. These guys are pretty heavy on the black metal:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHNUsNndNow&playnext=1&list=PL78791D88AD129BA5[/ame]

It's one of my resources.

EDIT: I didn't download it though. I just saw they uploaded it and checked it out on youtube, which has the entire album.