Your impressions about The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR.

Yes, Madam, I will!
At the moment, I only know that there is a short article in the Legacy magazine. I´ll check out the metal hammer magazine and the nuclear blast magazine as well.
Furthermore, a new interview with OL will be released soon hopefully (as it says on metal.de)!

vielleicht auch RockHard?
sigh, wish I were still in Germany.. the pleasure of going to bookstores and looking at all these metal magazines in the shelves..
but time flies (as SW would say);
it's during this blessed time that I put this on my wall:

(ProgpowerScandinavia '07)

Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre, everything comes to him who waits.
Seems like.. Orwarrior, here we are?

Was strolling here trying to find some inspiration for a press-like article/university essay I had to write for last tuesday. The choice was easy, but I just don't know where to begin. There are so many culturally relevant things to mention about the band, their art and their motives that won't fit the required 3000 characters, so I had to find a way to procrastinate once more. Well, "A Heaven you may create", but hey, "Heaven can wait" ;)

Vanh, good luck with writing the article. I would be interested to read it once it's finished.
I got something for all of you:
18066_241303398035_8776213035_3388687_4601570_n.jpg

18066_241304923035_8776213035_3388745_2309862_n.jpg

18066_241306013035_8776213035_3388748_7422976_n.jpg

Vanh, good luck with writing the article. I would be interested to read it once it's finished.
I got something for all of you:
18066_241303398035_8776213035_3388687_4601570_n.jpg

18066_241304923035_8776213035_3388745_2309862_n.jpg

18066_241306013035_8776213035_3388748_7422976_n.jpg

:loco::loco:Me--speechless. That's not me :lol: But it is now: The long, complicated pregnancy is over. I hope the mother is resting (it was a natural birth!) and that the father is doing his best to help. Oh, and definitely, if you're into a Son, Holy Spirit, Prophet, I hope they're pitching in to help, too. Get it? I'm so profound I just stun myself back into my usual coma :worship:

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!

Morticia NL. said:
I bet it would help a lot to have your text in English as well. Not everyone can read French and your message is lost on those people :confused:
Or you think the French need education on the enviroment the most?:D

Well Nath, this year we did it both in french and english! Moreover we did a lot of posting on the official hellfest forum the same way. And it we were proud to hear foreign people saying they knew about us (french people too)

And for the packaging photos...well I getting mad of waiting, you make the teasing complete! :loco:

A summary of a rather observational review (my rough translation from Polish):

+ ORwarriOR has many beautiful acoustic pieces.
+ Much hot Middle Eastern folk.
+ Plenty of prog metal (incl. long guitar solos a-la John Petrucci), epic long tracks, includes many rhythm changes characteristic for progressive metal.
+ Kobi - the vocalist - is working out by 200% by singing in several absolutely different styles.
+ Growling and drive proportion approximately like in Mabool.
+ Many atmospheric effects used (also popular in progressive metal).
+ Female vocals used on 4-5 tracks, also using different manners of singing.

http://www.musicinbelgium.net/pl/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=3882
http://www.twilight-magazin.de/php/showreview.php?id=2937
Oh and for Nathalie who asked from which magazine the scan I posted was.. hehe, all rights reserved by me :D (except pictures from OL's myspace)
I printed it today to give it at the university, looks good on shiny paper. Don't care if I get a good grade or not, I'm glad I did it, that's what matters! You can re-use it if you like, I can send the pdf instead of the small jpg I put.

Also talked about the band during a presentation for my english class yesterday. I choosed to talk about Metal in the world, so eh, I guess everybody knows the Global Metal movie now!
wanted to make them hear and see concrete examples, so I played some bits of the documentary and extracts from music videos, to show them how metal can be adapted into the different cultures all over the world, using traditional sounds and influences: Sepultura for Brasil, Freak kitchen for India, Chtonic for Asia, Amorphis for Scandinavia, Eluveitie for the celtic side.
And as for the middle-east I played the documentary part about the festival in Dubai, so they could see that people from arab countries could be doing the same, and then it ended with Orphaned Land: the parts from Global Metal, the trailer from Orwarrior, Ocean Land, and finally the "famous" promo picture. I wish the new promo pictures were posted yesterday, I'd have loved to show them as well!
Nobody in the room was really into metal (only a girl who listened to metallica and sepultura) and when I began I wasnt sure of me and a bit anxious, it's always hard to talk about metal music to people who don't have a clue about it. you never know how people are gonna react to the "agression" :rolleyes:
But after the Global Metal trailer and the "Roots" video I quickly saw they were getting the point, and I think I was able to share my passion for the topic. in the end they found it really interesting, and the teacher loved it, especially the part about the Middle-East and the utopia created by OL!
She herself said "wow, a metal band succeeds where politicians fails, bringing people together" which is exactly the point I wanted them to realize! that's probably the best conclusion one can say about OL. They got the meaning beyond the promo picture too. I was quite amazed that they got everything so easily hehe.. didn't expect it would turn out so good!
I doubt they'll start listening to this music but at least now they understand it. I made them go beyond the clichés. they saw it's not about long-haired guys dressed in black who play noisy evil music with a singer who shouts he wants everybody dead, but instead can be culturally very interesting, mixing many sounds and influences, with lyrics that have a real meaning, coming from traditional sources or talking about the world we live in. not like Lady Gaga :heh:
Now I can take a bit distance from the topic, and just wait for the full album. "teacher: so you're gonna buy the new album? "Huh.. I think so.." :cool:

Also talked about the band during a presentation for my english class yesterday. I choosed to talk about Metal in the world, so eh, I guess everybody knows the Global Metal movie now!

Holy crap dude! Are you my second brother or something?! I live in India, that's half way across the world and in within the space of one week we've done something almost identical! Well, atleast 75 % of what I said is in common with what you've done, including Global Metal [The Israel and DDRF bits]and the promo pic :D This is actually crazy man! And what's more ridiculous is that some of the parents and teachers said something close to what your teacher said!
Do fill in on the introducing ourselves thread, and welcome again!

@Ananth: I read your review, it's a good one. I'm just wondering which part of From Broken Vessels you considered drab? There are some parts sounding like Kobi's The Naked Lie project, but they are also quite characteristic for prog rock of Wilson school.

From about 2: 45 seconds on, for about a minute or so. I just found that a tad bit out of place. I mentioned that because apart from that tiny bit, it's in the top tier and I liked it a lot, and the same bit I didn't mind when it appears at the end of the song. And I get the parts that you're talking about, I really love that :D