Your last purchase??

DoomsdayZach said:
immortal is hands down the most ridiculous band in the world... well, next to manowar, but that goes without saying. Love those guys.

Immortal is 657915 times better than manowar.

MrFast said:
I came super close to buying a PAF Joe today, but I kinda put it off for a bit cause I'm buying a classical guitar in two days.
If I didn't have one backordered at Guitar Center, I would say you should've bought it and told me to drive up to New Brunswick so I could buy it from you.:lol:

Snowmaker said:
How much was it there?

$19.99 - and worth EVERY penny!

Also acquired the Bruce Dickinson Anthology 3 DVD, The lates Molly Hatchet live in Germany DVD, and Rory Gallagher's Montreux (sp) performances on DVD, E-bay'ed the Garry Moore Tribute to Phil Lynott DVD for 11.99 including shipping! :headbang:

J-Dubya

Last purchases were

Stream of Passion-Live in the Real World dvd
Mercenary-The Hours that Remain
Tears of Anger-In the Shadows
Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life and Death
Sonata Arctica-For the Sake of Revenge

i just recently got
Virtuocity - Secret Visions
Kenziner - The Prophecies

if you're into neo-classical, you should really check them out; Jarno Keskinen/Jaron Sebastian Raven is an excellent guitarrist and musician.

Circuit City $10 special

Voidvod - Katorz
Sikth - Death of a Dead Day
The Human Abstract - Nocturne
Derek Sherinian - Blood of Snakes
The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Unearth - III In the Eyes of Fire
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius

Arrived from the End Records
Secret Oyster - Sea Son
Unexpect - In a Flesh Aquarium
Circulus - The Lick on the Envelope.....

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I would have to disagree. Even though I like Emperor, all other black metal is crap to me, and Manowar is so incredibly cheesy which makes me like them better. :erk:

nah.

Hey tubbs, i'm not going to argue taste because you know better what you like than anyone, but what immortal have you heard? Also, thoughts on not gay earlier satyricon (nemesis divina?). If you haven't heard that, at least check it out because the production is pretty good and they used to kick ass.

^ All right, I was hyperbolizing when I said the only black metal I like is Emperor. I do actually like early Behemoth, and uhh... well, that's it. Gimme some recommendations for really good albums if you think I'm missing out on anything in the black metal genre. :erk:

As for Immortal, OKAY I LIED. I've never even heard them. They seem so ridiculously cheesy from what I see all over the internet though, that's why I don't like them... :erk: I know it's stupid to avoid listening to a band because of their image. Well, I still don't think I'll like any of it.

listen to Borknagar, not your avergare tr00, gr1m and kvlt black metal, but if you like your stuff progressive, you should check them out.
Arcturus' first album Aspera Hiems Symfonia is kinda like symphonic black metal, and it has some really good guitar and keyboard solos (guitar solos courtesy of Carl August Tidemann, guitarrist form Winds).

Tubbs Mcgee said:
^ All right, I was hyperbolizing when I said the only black metal I like is Emperor. I do actually like early Behemoth, and uhh... well, that's it. Gimme some recommendations for really good albums if you think I'm missing out on anything in the black metal genre. :erk:

As for Immortal, OKAY I LIED. I've never even heard them. They seem so ridiculously cheesy from what I see all over the internet though, that's why I don't like them... :erk: I know it's stupid to avoid listening to a band because of their image. Well, I still don't think I'll like any of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoSfRZ0KmLQ

That's all I have to say about that :cool:

Ptah Khnemu said:
If I didn't have one backordered at Guitar Center, I would say you should've bought it and told me to drive up to New Brunswick so I could buy it from you.:lol:
You would have payed more for the gas than the pickup itself, which is already quite pricy... But you would have had the privilege of meeting me which would make it totally worth it :lol: