Your last purchase??

Last couple of weeks I've bought these:
Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper
Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick
Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding
Tourniquet - Psychosurgery
Tourniquet - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance

Reactions: progmetaldan
last purchases were from kamelot and outworld. have fallen in love with kamelot, and the outworld stuff is pretty cool, although sometimes it gets away from the point and rusty goes off on his crazy sweep arpeggio string skip madness, but only occasionally. Too bad the singer doesn't have very good pitch control, cuz his range is really impressive and his tone is alright too, but he's already been replaced anyway.

^ Tourniquet are pretty cool! Their latest one 'When Moth And Rust Destroy' has Marty Friedman featuring on lead guitar...

Yep, I'm going to buy that and Microscopic View too. But in middle of those and first records.... have to think twice. :heh:

By the way, I signed here on UM for Opeth. But SyX also kicks some major ass.

Touched by the Crimson King is a terrible album, and the immigrant song is also abysmal. ugh.

i bought a ton of shit yesterday. Payday = winday.

Preordered:
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir (special from TER with book and other shit. Exciting :D )
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain clear w/orange splatter vinyl (limited to 200). Next payday if it's still available i'm getting the clear orange vinyl (limited to 400) and the regular vinyl (also limited to 400)

Evoken - Quietus
Tyr - Eric the Red (time to buy an actual copy)
Saturnus - Veronika Decides to Die
My Shameful - The Return to Nothing
Old Man's Child - The Historical Plague (vinyl box set with their first 5 albums in gatefold vinyl. fuck yes!)

Hey, all I said was that I'm ordering them, not that I'm a fan... :p

I have listened to both now, though. First impression: the Adagio has its moments, but overall it seems kind of unoriginal, and the singer isn't one of my favorites. It'll probably grow on me, though, and right now I'd deem it marginally worth it. The Kiuas, however, was awesome. Their singer's voice... has attitude. I don't know exactly how to put it, but yeah, I really like that.

I was listening to both of these again, and I think there's just something about listening to them on my iPod (as opposed to my stereo like the first time) that changes my perceptions. Because I found myself liking the Adagio a little more, but the Kiuas a little less.

A single D-string for my classical guitar, cos it was hanging up in my room, and the weather changed, and *BAM* it decided to break... What is it with D-strings and breaking??? In the music shop it always seems to be that one which is the first to go...

Oh my god, i just got Swallow the Sun's new one in the mail. This is fucking incredible. Album of the year, contest is over. I am declairing this album of the year right now. No doubt in my mind. Sorry Symx forum, i know paradise lost... but this is beyond. Fuck, amazing.

just bought from amazon:

alb18813.jpg

img1135.jpg

Yesterday i ordered
Saturnus - Paradise belongs to you
Saturnus - Martyr

I'm debating on whether to spend the remainder of my cash that i have at the moment on the other two agalloch vinyl versions of Ashes or something else. I think i'm going to go with agalloch thouhg...