Your last purchase??

Today I was doing my usual search through my local cd store, looking for those elusive albums which I want, but don't hold much hope of seeing, when... SURELY NOT! Yes it was, I couldn't believe my eyes, there before my was JASON BECKER- PERPETUAL BURN!!! I've been looking for that album for ages, and I was heaps excited... then I saw the price... $40.99 AUS!!! Ridiculous as that is, I bought it anyway, cos it was an import, and I wanted it really bad... But it was all good, cos I got METALLICA- MASTER OF PUPPETS for only $14.99, so 2 albums for $55, that's not too bad here in Australia... I also got AYREON- INTO THE ELECTRIC CASTLE, which is absolutely incredible!!!

So I got:

Jason Becker- Perpetual Burn
Metallica- Master Of Puppets
Ayreon- Into The Electric Castle

I also ordered a whole bunch of books for uni... :erk:

Oh man, you PAID for metallica stuff? Also, not too keen on Into the Electric Castle myself...Human equation and the second half of the universal migrator (blanking on the name and don't care) are the only things i really like by arjen. oh, and some of star one.

I happily bought Ride the Lightning a few years ago. Still have it around. Probably one of the most played cd's in my collection.

PMP - a recommendation. If you don't have a credit card, sign up for paypal and fill in your bank details (they can direct debit australian accounts now) and order import cd's online from places like ebay etc that accept paypal... it's sooo much cheaper.

I'm on a nostalgia kick; I just ordered Dreamboat Annie, Brigade, Heart and Bad Animals by Heart. I do love Ann Wilson's voice..beautiful stuff. And ya just gotta love cheap amazon.com used cds. :)

I happily bought Ride the Lightning a few years ago. Still have it around. Probably one of the most played cd's in my collection.

PMP - a recommendation. If you don't have a credit card, sign up for paypal and fill in your bank details (they can direct debit australian accounts now) and order import cd's online from places like ebay etc that accept paypal... it's sooo much cheaper.

Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning and ...And Justice For all are great albums, just cos the band sucks now, doesn't mean you have to write off any good stuff from the past as well... :mad:

Thanks HackerX, I'll look into it... I'm looking at getting a Visa Debit card which means I can buy stuff online, but only with money in my savings account so I don't get into debt... I think I'll wait a bit though, cos If I do that, all hell will break loose in my attempts to purchase every cd on my list at once (which is quite extensive...)

Today I bought a Keyboard for out in my bedroom which will be handy... :D

I'm on a nostalgia kick; I just ordered Dreamboat Annie, Brigade, Heart and Bad Animals by Heart. I do love Ann Wilson's voice..beautiful stuff. And ya just gotta love cheap amazon.com used cds. :)

I need to get you some live stuff before I die....

J-Dubya - Closet Heart fan.......

Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning and ...And Justice For all are great albums, just cos the band sucks now, doesn't mean you have to write off any good stuff from the past as well... :mad:

Thanks HackerX, I'll look into it... I'm looking at getting a Visa Debit card which means I can buy stuff online, but only with money in my savings account so I don't get into debt... I think I'll wait a bit though, cos If I do that, all hell will break loose in my attempts to purchase every cd on my list at once (which is quite extensive...)

Today I bought a Keyboard for out in my bedroom which will be handy... :D

Yeah, the paypal option was easier for me, as it meant I didn't have to deal with the bank at all.

Anyways, I bought this today:
The_Burning_Halo.jpg

I'm actually really loving Ayreon atm... I'm definately gonna get:
The Human Equation
The Universal Mitigator pts 1 & 2
+ maybe Star One- Space Metal...

They all feature lots of my favourite artists, so that's an extra bonus... :D

I need to get you some live stuff before I die....

J-Dubya - Closet Heart fan.......

Hhahahaaa, i went to see the Wilson sisters before they re-did Heart i believe 1998 or 99 i can't remeber right now, too many XX ambar beers last night, but it was just the 2 gals palying guitars,bass & piano, Heart & lovemongers stuff, the acoustic version of All I wanna do, got me in tears, her voice just took over :cry:
Flavio Heart fan since 1978, damn i'm getting old :erk:

Bite me you lil' doom merchant! :)

J-Dubya

Hahaha....

So i got my 3 copies of agalloch in vinyl today. Listening to LIMBS on the black vinyl now... pretty disappointed with the splatter vinyl but oh well. Got all 3.

Photo tyme :D
agallochvinyl.jpg

They're 2lp sets with exclusive bonus track (listening to it for the first time now).
Left: Black vinyl (limited to 400)
Middle: Splatter vinyl (limited to 200, sold out in pre-order)
Right: Orange Clear vinyl (limited to 400)

I'm actually really loving Ayreon atm... I'm definately gonna get:
+ maybe Star One- Space Metal...

Get their DVD "Live On Earth". Only the good songs off of "Space Metal" plus a couple of Ayreon gems, all played with a near-perfect ensemble. One of the most entertaining live DVDs you'll ever see.

By the way: "Into The Electric Castle" > "The Human Equation" and everything else Arjen has put out

Besides the human equation the 2 universal migrator albums are my favorite. They are SO far out there, I don't think anyone else could have used that concept without sounding forced or cheesy.