Your last purchase??

Iced Dog said:
Charis, be sure and post modeling pics when you get those...otherwise, how are we to believe you really bought those? ;)

haha well the corset thing just arrived today.. but I'm not a forum camwhore :cool: so I don't know what chance you have of getting to see pics of me in it.. maybe in private ;)

Totally not metal but my last purchase was Utopia - Utopia..good ol Todd Rundgren & some poppy 80's music. :)

I'll have a huge list to post here when I get home from PPUSA though; been a LONG time since I had a good haul, & Ken Golden (Laser's Edge) is a god when it comes to knowing what I may or may not like. He never steers me wrong, so odds are I'll come home with a healthy stack of new tunes. YAY. :)

Yay for Rasputin Music (people always praise Amoeba as the awesome NorCal cd store, but I love me some Rasputin's!)..went to get a cd rack to match the one I have, & picked up:
Lacuna Coil - Unleashed Memories (special edition w/Halflife EP)
Biomechanical - The Empires of the Worlds
Borknagar - Origin

All used, for under $10 each, w00t!

Moonsorrow - V: Havitetty
Moonsorrow - Suden Uni

Man, why didn't one of you guys tell me about Moonsorrow earlier... They are like.... somebody get me a towel, I just epic'ed in my pants

Plus 2 shirts from xkcd:
Stand Back I'm Going To Try Science &
Maybe If This Shirt Is Witty Enough Somebody Will Finally Love Me
http://xkcd.com/store/

Totally not metal but my last purchase was Utopia - Utopia..good ol Todd Rundgren & some poppy 80's music. :)

:)

I remember the Utopia album, one of my friends had it, Seems it was mostly all instrumental and a bit wild ? Some great guitar playing for the times. Maybe a bit fusion. Nothing like his pop music that came a bit later. Would love to hear that again, if we are talking about the same album. Whats the date ? '73, '74 ?

Nope, sorry, I bet you are talking about "Utopia" recorded in '82. The one Im thinking of was "Todd Rundgrens Utopia" recorded in '74.

This is whats printed in wikipedia
Todd Rundgren's Utopia is the debut album by the band Utopia. Rundgren (who was primarily a pop musician at the time) was noticing the success of artists like Genesis, Yes and Emerson, Lake and Palmer and decided to take advantage of the current progressive rock trend. Putting together top musicians including three keyboardists, the album covers almost all aspects of progressive rock including funk, jazz, classical and even avante garde.

Critical reaction was mixed with some critics labeling the album as pretentious fluff but did sell relatively well. Today the album is considered by many progressive rock fans as a classic.

The album is known for clocking in at almost sixty minutes total. Unheard of at the time.

Track list
"Utopia Theme"
"Freak Parade"
"Freedom Fighters"
"The Ikon"

Yep, two different albums, but I have seen the one you're talking about, it can be had on eBaY for reasonably cheap.. :)

I do love Rundgren. :)

I remember the Utopia album, one of my friends had it, Seems it was mostly all instrumental and a bit wild ? Some great guitar playing for the times. Maybe a bit fusion. Nothing like his pop music that came a bit later. Would love to hear that again, if we are talking about the same album. Whats the date ? '73, '74 ?

1974 is when this came out...

Ikon is a great song as is the rest of this disc....

HackerX said:
Moonsorrow - V: Havitetty
Moonsorrow - Suden Uni

Man, why didn't one of you guys tell me about Moonsorrow earlier... They are like.... somebody get me a towel, I just epic'ed in my pants

DUH Ben!!!! It's like, all I ever talk about atm :p (besides boys)