Your last purchase??

Skeletonwitch - Breathing the Fire. I was at their Athens show and picked it up. Not bad.
Coheed and Cambria's new track (Yeah, I know, but I dig it.)

Definitely getting FF13, but Super Street Fighter 4 is my most wanted game. Don't know Orphaned Land, but all these recommendations are making me curious.

:yow:

Doesn't sound like there is much missing fluff there!

I didn't like it at first, but I have to say FF12 really grew on me. Been a while since I played it, though.

It is only that huge of a game because of how closely it resembles a CGI movie. The "fluff" that is supposedly missing are things such as towns (with NPC's, shops, and other interactions), minigames (only a couple of uninteresting ones present), and optional areas/dungeons to explore. I hear that the game plays like an action/drama movie and you are constantly on the run and moving forward, never with the chance to take a breath and enjoy other things an area may have had to offer in other FF games.

About half way through the game the "big" world opens up and you have the option to go down to it to hunt particular monsters; however, it doesn't seem like it will offer much variety except to hunt these 80-something monsters (like hunts in FF12). I am hoping I am wrong about this and this optional area offers more than it sounds like it will. I heard there is a chance that the game will have DLC later, so that gives me hope that there may be more to do in the game later.

I picked up Orphaned Lands new one at FYE for $9.00...

Got mine at FYE for $9.99 as well. I was angry at first because I went in there Tuesday morning and I couldn't find it; however, they had it filed under "Orange Goblin" instead of making a new tab for it. Probably they didn't make a new tab because they only had ONE copy...it's mine now... :p

Just angry that there was no CD/DVD version released here.

I'm not that far into ff12 but I really hate the main character. A lot.

I really hate FF12 a lot. The horrible characters seriously sealed the deal to make me stop playing. First, the gameplay felt like it shouldn't have had the name "Final Fantasy" in the title, and that it should have been released as a totally different game. Second, I kept playing at first for the story but as I got more and more characters I was figuring out that none of them would be anything but shallow and unispired personalities.

Write to Nathalie and Postmodernist on the OL forum here on UM to see how you could get a DVD for the new disc.

Basch made FF12 for me. The other characters were pretty 2D. Still, the amount of stuff you could do was entertaining. I didn't like the battle system but I did like the story, MOSTLY. some major changes would have helped in some areas.

Best FF gameplay: X-2
Best FF story: 8, 10 (including x-2 ending)
Best FF characters: Auron, Cloud, Tifa

DSCN2167.jpg

Showed up today...absolutely loving it so far! I have a few rehearsals between now and Sunday and a possible studio session Friday, so I'll be putting it through the wringer, but I'm pretty certain it's a keeper.

shoulda bought it from the fanclub, get the whole shebang
I asked CD Universe for a refund and they gave it to me (didn't have to bother shipping it back)...and I bought the ltd.ed. from lasercd.com...should be here soon. And my new graphic card did the trick, all my display driver crashing issues (which were happening even when I wasn't gaming) seem to have disappeared, Mass Effect 2 is back in, well, effect :)

Fates Warning -Inside Out, and Still Life

Inside Out didn't sound too promising, with the exception of Inward Bound and Down to the Wire, haven't listened to Still Life yet.

solid albums Steve

Im still on the wall with Awaken the Guardian, after all these listens I only like... umm... understand it more.

Recently loaded with
Subsurface
Inside out
The New Mythology Suite
Edge of Thorns
Crack the Sky - Alive and Kickin Ass - This was recorded in 78, raw live sound of the times, fairly decent mix, not a perfect band. Check out the band that Kansas removed from the tour for winding the crowd to tight for the mood of Kansas material. This was the last of the great CTS material, wish they had held the course, three decades since of mediocre recordings with only the few rare points of interest.
Aqualung

Fates Warning -Inside Out, and Still Life

Inside Out didn't sound too promising, with the exception of Inward Bound and Down to the Wire, haven't listened to Still Life yet.

Fates takes time and seems to have to hit the right mood, there is some stuff on Inside Out I really, really like. Still Life the only one I dont have, thats live or what ?