Your latest album purchases?

ShadarLogoth said:
The Gathering-Mandylion re-release with the demo material included and liner notes about each song in the booklet. pretty cool.
Probably my fave album of theirs, after "Always..." and the re-release of their old material on "Downfall". I still have their original "Moonlight Archer" demo tape around here somewhere and to me that's The Gathering all the way. Needless to say they've evolved quite a bit. Anneke is an amazing singer, no doubt about that, but I just feel they've been making the same album over and over ever since let's say "Nighttime Birds".
Just my humble opinion of course.

matt schrauben said:
i did get slayer's christ illusion. I like it.:headbang:
You said it! It's one of a dozen of albums I got the other day. Before hearing it I was told it sounded like the "South of Heaven" era with a touch of "Reign in Blood". I'd say that's pretty accurate, and that's not a bad thing! I'm just not very hot on the start of "Jihad" which sounds very un-Slayer to me, but that's probably just a minor detail.

Some of the other albums I got:
Heol Telwen - "An Deiz Ruz"
Melechesh - "Sphynx"
Axamenta - "Ever-arch-][-tech-ture" (Yes, it sounds as special as you'd expect from the title.)
Enslaved - "Ruun"
Agalloch - "Ashes Against the Grain" (Gotta be prepared for the November tour.)
Volbeat - "The Strength / The Sound / The Songs"
Poema Arcanus - "Telluric Manifesto"

Trows said:
Ulver - Bergtatt.

I can't beleive that I found a place that does not exclusively sell metal, and almost has the entire Ulver discography among other things.

As in, an actual shop in Melbourne? Where is this? JB? :p

I'm looking for a copy of Metamorphosis actually, I should've picked that up a few years back when I saw it everywhere... now it's the only thing I need to get and I can't find it anywhere, argh. :erk:

Ooh, but I got my hands on the Wolves In The Throne Room album a few days ago (arrived in the mail)... spectacular album, that!

AshDLS said:
Ooh, but I got my hands on the Wolves In The Throne Room album a few days ago (arrived in the mail)... spectacular album, that!
So the Paypal worked after all? I got word they won't be able to get a hold of the album at the record store. Since a few people in this forum are so excited about it, I might want to go ahead and order it off the band. People frequenting the WoY forum have to be of good taste, after all. (How's that for kissing ass? Ha!)

Lionfrost said:
You said it! It's one of a dozen of albums I got the other day. Before hearing it I was told it sounded like the "South of Heaven" era with a touch of "Reign in Blood". I'd say that's pretty accurate, and that's not a bad thing! I'm just not very hot on the start of "Jihad" which sounds very un-Slayer to me, but that's probably just a minor detail.

Some of the other albums I got:
Heol Telwen - "An Deiz Ruz"
Melechesh - "Sphynx"
Axamenta - "Ever-arch-][-tech-ture" (Yes, it sounds as special as you'd expect from the title.)
Enslaved - "Ruun"
Agalloch - "Ashes Against the Grain" (Gotta be prepared for the November tour.)
Volbeat - "The Strength / The Sound / The Songs"
Poema Arcanus - "Telluric Manifesto"

Yeah i agree with you on the jihad thing, it sounded quite awkward.

Lionfrost said:
So the Paypal worked after all? I got word they won't be able to get a hold of the album at the record store. Since a few people in this forum are so excited about it, I might want to go ahead and order it off the band. People frequenting the WoY forum have to be of good taste, after all. (How's that for kissing ass? Ha!)

Yeah the Paypal worked fine! It took so long in the end because the band sent it by sea mail. :p But to their credit the WITTR guy always responded to my emails rather promptly. If you want faster shipping (at more or less the same price, I assume) perhaps order from The End or Vendlus. :)

AshDLS said:
If you want faster shipping (at more or less the same price, I assume) perhaps order from The End or Vendlus. :)
Thanks for the tip. It's weird in a way, 'cause the record store (chain) I'm talking about is pretty close with The End. I'd think they could get a hold of the album through them... Oh well.

Xasthur-- Subliminal Genocide
Suffocation-- s/t
MSG-- One Night at Budokan
Y&T-- Open Fire Live
Nirvana-- Bleach
Exodus-- Shovel Headed Kill Machine
Napalm Death-- Smear Campaign
& the first 3 Mercenary discs