Your latest album purchases?

I just made a solid purchase of 3cds from TheEndRecords.com of:

Agalloch - AATG
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Enslaved - Below the Lights

34$.:headbang:

Also can someone recommend me some essential In Flames? I love songs like Stand Ablaze, Dead Eternity and Man Made God, and I like (but to a lesser extent) the later stuff like clayman, zombie inc etc but steer me away from stuff like trigger and touch of red please. I guess their early stuff is what I'm looking for, but I need a recommendation.

Ancient Rites - Rubicon
they've been around for a long time but never heard them until now...sounds like Iron Maiden playing symphonic black thrash with Sheepdog from Razor on vocals.

Isarnheimr
Lifelover-- Pulver
Dead Raven Choir-- Selenoclast Wolves
Ghremdrakk-- Sterrenpracht
Mastodon-- Blood Mountain
Brainfever-- Face to Face
Brainfever-- Capture the Night

COVENANT - "SkyShaper"

covenant_skyshaper_frontcover.jpg

I think of this as "cold" techno/electronica. I'd listen to more of this genre if I could find more similar stuff. To me, it's like some modern "Gothic Metal", with synths, but no guitars. Really cool stuff!!! :)

Also recommended:

COVENANT - "Northern Light"

northernlight.jpg

Same stuff, w/ more of a real metal album cover.

DeathBlade said:
I just bought the Wolves in the Throne room cd and shirt.

Awesome....where did you find it? I can't find a distro that has it in stock and I'm too stupid/lazy/incompetent/technologically bankrupt to use paypal.

Recent purchases:

Mastodon - Leviathan
Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide
The Mars Volta - Amputecture (fucking awesome..)
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain (album of the year)

David Gold said:
COVENANT - "SkyShaper"

I think of this as "cold" techno/electronica. I'd listen to more of this genre if I could find more similar stuff. To me, it's like some modern "Gothic Metal", with synths, but no guitars. Really cool stuff!!! :)

I haven't actually heard much Covenant, but I think they're considered EBM? Some other big names in that genre would be VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, Seabound, uh, I dunno what else, heh. Then there's slightly noisier stuff (but I don't mean the genre of noise itself, but like modern electro-industrial) like Wumpscut, Suicide Commando, Velvet Acid Christ, Funker Vogt, [:S.I.T.D:], Front Line Assembly.

Actually to be honest I'm not sure where the distinction between EBM and electro-industrial is, since "industrial" itself is a very broad label and I don't really listen to EBM.

As far as electronic stuff goes, recently I've been listening to Empusae, Winterkalte and Mono No Aware... I think they have some links at http://www.handsproductions.com/ ...not really stuff to kick back and relax to, however. :p (Well, maybe Empusae could be...)

Cannibal Corpse- Butchered at Birth
Sepultura- Beneath the Remains
Reprobation- Colour of Gore
Pessimist- Cult of the Initiated and Blood for the Gods
Amon Amarth- With Oden on Our Side

The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God
The Cure - Staring At The Sea: The Singles

Man, if there was some kind of metalhead license, mine would've been revoked by now. :yuk:

No wait, heh, I finally bought Nattens Madrigal by Ulver. Previously I had a burn of it but I rarely listened to it, and I mainly bought it just for the sake of completion. Now I just need to get the Metamorphosis EP and I think that'll pretty much be it, apart from the really obscure stuff.