Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Oz dollards doesn't count:D
But seriously, how the hell 8 TRS to xlr cost 200$?
Or have you finally choose to go with Db 25?

Btw you really need a patchbay now:lol:

Well, Mogami cable and Neutrik gold connectors aren't the cheapest things around. I actually thought it quite a bargain, all things considered. I also got a 9th cable... a 2.5m guitar lead with the Neutrik silent connectors on it. I like keeping EVERYTHING in the chain high quality, that way if something sounds fucked I know I can lay the blame on myself.

PS. No need for a patchbay actually! Everything is directly connected to the converters exactly where I need it and can insert it on the mix! There's no crazy signal routing going on here, and if there is (in terms of mix routing), I don't mind the signal taking 2 or 3 roundtrips through the converters :)

Well, Mogami cable and Neutrik gold connectors aren't the cheapest things around. I actually thought it quite a bargain, all things considered. I also got a 9th cable... a 2.5m guitar lead with the Neutrik silent connectors on it. I like keeping EVERYTHING in the chain high quality, that way if something sounds fucked I know I can lay the blame on myself.

PS. No need for a patchbay actually! Everything is directly connected to the converters exactly where I need it and can insert it on the mix! There's no crazy signal routing going on here, and if there is (in terms of mix routing), I don't mind the signal taking 2 or 3 roundtrips through the converters :)

Where are you order your cable btw because when I made my calculation for cable cost price aren't that hight (redco btw)?

About your PS: sound like some gearslutz history with guy that don't use patchbay and run 132 I/O at the studio (no patchbay but everything always connected):lol: Kind of wall of death:OMG::lol:

Just received the Yamaha Recording Customs today. They sound fucking godly, even though the heads on them are pretty old. They really pack a punch.

DSC00607.JPG

Already installed, and they sound like sex.

About your PS: sound like some gearslutz history with guy that don't use patchbay and run 132 I/O at the studio (no patchbay but everything always connected):lol: Kind of wall of death:OMG::lol:

I have a feeling with the way things are going that it may end up like that down the track, haha. At least until there is not enough physical space in the room for more racks.

Outboard is addictive, it just sounds so much better than ITB, and it makes mixing a LOT more fun!

I finally broke down and took advantage (the last day is tomorrow) and purchased Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0 as an "Elite Pack for Sonar 8.5" - they are special offers for Sonar 8.5 owners. I've been looking to get another orchestral package besides Miroslav Philharmonik which I've had for a little while and the new features in GPO 4 seem pretty nice and I was able to get it for $79.00 instead of the normal $150 so it was a great deal.

I have a feeling I'm going to be locked in my studio space for the next few weeks learning it inside and out.

00002667.jpg

I have a feeling with the way things are going that it may end up like that down the track, haha. At least until there is not enough physical space in the room for more racks.

Outboard is addictive, it just sounds so much better than ITB, and it makes mixing a LOT more fun!

I agree and I'm actually go to run a more hybrid setup way but with a more OTB approche than you :lol:. Actually preparing money for made the swith with PT HD and a clasp system will follow after that. So i'm going to track to tape with PT without all the bad thing of tape, that a great feeling:)
But my main goal for 2010 (in therm of purchase) are preamp (need some BAE neve like), eq, comp (1176, DBX 160A/vu and 165) and fx (reverb and ton of delay). So how spend massive cash on 1 years:erk::lol:
But it's so good:)

HD Core Card and Pro Tools 8
HDCore.jpg

Framus Cobra
Framus.jpg

Daking Mic Pre IV
Daking.jpg

Audio Accesories Mini Shorti Patchbay
Patchbay.jpg

Studio renovation is almost complete as I type this... Just waiting for recessed lighting, but new floors are installed, paint, and a newly added window have been put in too. I'll probably post a thread with some pictures eventually...

Oh, and the studio was rewired with Mogami Cable.

Scored a half broken EMU-ps12 sub on ebay for £25, hopefully I'll be able to get it up and running as an alternative to my M-audio studiophile SBX (hopefully it'll be more accurate, seeing as it's a sealed unit as opposed to the ported m-audio item)