Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Finally, after a long wait...

DSC00009.jpg

:Smokedev: More coming soon!

I finally got my ESP F-STD S7 7-string today!

It took almost 4 months to get one, since the company that imports ESP didn't have one in stock, but it was worth the wait :headbang:

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

And this one, I got a couple of weeks ago... It's been a haaaard month for my wallet... but f*** it, you only live once :lol:

My brand spanking new Jackson RR1t

Jotain019.jpg

Jotain004.jpg

Jotain021.jpg

I had a play with the IBIS last night... it sounds incredible, very different to the Massive Passive... it is as people say "very musical" but what I REALLY loved about it is the COLOR function... it can be assigned to any band or through the whole EQ and it makes amazing stuff! I think might great for guitar tracking as well.

I'm having more of a play around today... I will posts "reviews" :headbang:

:kickass: I just scored the following!

- Peavey 6505+ head
- Mesa Rectifier oversized 4x12
- ISP Decimator stompbox
- MXR 10 band EQ
- pedal board

For only $1200! :lol:

I'm going to retube the head and do a bias mod on it - but I'm freaking stoked!

Congrats, those are some worthy purchases for sure. Cranesong make some of the best gear in the game. I've been dreaming of getting an Avocet one day :)

Thanks man, well needles to say, if you (or anyone here) ever want me to master some of your work, you know how to find me :) I have actually been doing some work for some people in this forum and I have been giving them very special prices... I really enjoy mastering metal... I got into music thanks to metal.

The Avocet is a great unit. I was very close to getting one, but I couldn't justify it... the Lavry DA10 makes me really happy and cost me almost half the money (I think). It doesn't have all the options the Avocet has, but I'm very used to working with the DA10.

As for more reviews, well, I have been playing a lot today with the STC8 compressor and the IBIS eq...The STC8 is GREAT. it's very very clean as people say... it does has that kind of "lush" quality to it... it does have a learning curve, but that is actually fun... have to play a lot more with this guy.

The IBIS... rocks, I love it, the top is really really nice (which is great because I'm not a big fan of the top freqs of my massive passive) and so is the bottom end (very tight and also great as the the massive is a bit muddy down there)... the color function (which adds 2nd and 3rd harmonic) is fantastic - I'm totally digging that on the assigned to the upper band (top) gives more of that "sparkle" very nicely... throughout the four bands it does some wonderful things, have to use sparingly though, but something great happens in the upper mids when enabled. The MP did win over the mid range duties (broad strokes). I liked the IBIS for notching out stuff too...

Very happy with these units so far, I still got loads to experiment with them, but if you have the money, then buy them! :)

Dude, he is in Oz... I understand that you have to sell your own organs to buy audio gear there. Maybe he got it second hand.

Isn't Buzz Audio from Australia? I understand they are excellent, but never tried.

Buzz Audio are amazing. The guy selling me the Millennia is in fact moving over to a Buzz pre. The MA2.2 is still the most transparent and pristine mic pre I've ever heard. Hopefully the Millennia gives it a run for its money.

Buzz Audio are amazing. The guy selling me the Millennia is in fact moving over to a Buzz pre. The MA2.2 is still the most transparent and pristine mic pre I've ever heard. Hopefully the Millennia gives it a run for its money.

How come you want something so transparent Ermz? And is that a one-channel unit?