Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Ed, I dunno if you're more of a "hands-on learning" kinda guy, but I bought Mitch Gallagher's "Pro Tools Clinic" in summer '06 with my MBOX2 and worked through it; it's a great book for learning the program IMO, cuz he writes with a sense of humor and unlike the AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL official Digidesign coursework (which I've also endured, though for an Audio Production class at school), he only includes stuff that would actually be useful; it's basically like the book version of a guy sitting next to you saying "hey, check out how much easier this trick will make your life!"

cheers marcus

i was thinking about starting a thread on some books in general and also PT related stuff - i'm going to try out what i have already got but its always good having other stuff people have tried and tested if i need more! the mppt book has been really good to read so far, written in a less serious way but still very practical. also includes a video of them showing the techniques and also project files with step-by-step examples.

Yeah, PT Clinic includes a CD with sessions so he can give you examples; the real thing I can't stress enough is how the official DD coursework is just like every useless fucking nuance feature of the program that you will NEVER use (cuz it's written by the company), whereas Mitch is just a dude who knows the program well, knows what works, and passes it on!

digi_pt8_secr_mbox2.jpg

Sans the DVD lesson bullshit.

Yes, my foot fits nicely in my mouth, thank you very much.

And a quick G-tuned sloom (sludge/doom) clip with AD using my HellRaiser C7 and Metal Amp Room (one of the Tue presets). Spent more time programming and copy/pasting the drums than I did tracking guits, so no time spent on it, 1 track per side, ghetto bass. Check it.

~006

Thanks mate! I'd check your clip, but my internet connection is currently capped to horrendous speeds solely capable of sating my lust for sneap forumage. (will check in few days, unless you have a newer one then).

I got my dual rectifier powder coated! :headbang:

Not the normal greyish/satin black...but pure gloss black! haha I wreckon it's going to look awesome once i get home and put on. I shall take some pictures once I get home!

Fuck yeah Pete - did you manage to get the plate off, or did they powder coat it while it was still on the headshell?