Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Well I meant after removing the chassis from the headshell Ermz ;) Still, I doubt the wood/tolex would be too happy at those temperatures either!

The hard part is getting the old one off, though! I had to rip mine off with great effort, and was only able to since it's from like '96!

Yeah I took the thing off!

Mine is from '96 too. That double sided tape. :mad: My gawd what an absolute bitch.

I took it to a place locally called "Mr Powder Coater". It was $30AUD (minimum charge). Was told 'it'll be ready in a couple of days'.

30 minutes later I get a call it's done. :lol:

Have any clips of your Recto yet? I freaking love mine to death. I never thought I'd own one, but I traded my Parker Fly for one and I'm NEVER LOOKING BACK :headbang:

Just installed my kinky leopard strap into the BTB555 yesterday. I really like it so far. I polished the frets and oiled the fretboard, still need to change the strings, they seem pretty old. It's got quite a few dings but whatever, I only paid €290 for it anyway :lol: I got a lot more when I sold the older (and worse) BTB406. Since when have 5-string basses had two truss rods BTW? I was pretty surprised when I opened the truss rod cover to do some adjustments. Pretty cool IMO, I needed a little bit of relief for the B and E strings, but the D and G strings were fine as they were, so I just loosened the other truss rod a little and it was done. I've never had an instrument with two truss rods before.

Yeah I took the thing off!

Mine is from '96 too. That double sided tape. :mad: My gawd what an absolute bitch.

I took it to a place locally called "Mr Powder Coater". It was $30AUD (minimum charge). Was told 'it'll be ready in a couple of days'.

30 minutes later I get a call it's done. :lol:

Do you by chance have any contact details for those guys?

Just bought a pair of Genelec 8040's, or well, I paid for them at least, hehe. They'll arrive in some days!

BTW, does anyone have any experience with the Diezel VH4? I was in the store today checking what deal I could get on a Dual Recto to complete our arsenal which mainly consists of a 5150, Engl Fireball and a JCM8000, and the sales guy (an old friend, but well, still a sales guy) started talking about the VH4, which he apparently has himself as well. We hooked it up and it sounded pretty nice, but I felt it was a bit ear-piercing. Can feel the same tendency with the 5150 sometimes. But I'd be interested to know if anyone knows how it records! He could give me a really good deal on it, so I'm thinking if I should wait a bit with the Recto, since it's not very hard to find anyway.

Just bought a pair of Genelec 8040's, or well, I paid for them at least, hehe. They'll arrive in some days!

BTW, does anyone have any experience with the Diezel VH4? I was in the store today checking what deal I could get on a Dual Recto to complete our arsenal which mainly consists of a 5150, Engl Fireball and a JCM8000, and the sales guy (an old friend, but well, still a sales guy) started talking about the VH4, which he apparently has himself as well. We hooked it up and it sounded pretty nice, but I felt it was a bit ear-piercing. Can feel the same tendency with the 5150 sometimes. But I'd be interested to know if anyone knows how it records! He could give me a really good deal on it, so I'm thinking if I should wait a bit with the Recto, since it's not very hard to find anyway.

I LOVE the VH4, and Diezels in general are my favourite hi-gain amps. Some say that they have a weird feel though (when playing through them), I'm not sure what that means as I haven't tried one myself yet. Anyway, I've really liked all the clips of the VH4 I've heard, and whenever I can finally afford a new hi-gain head, I'm pretty certain it'll either be the Einstein or a used VH4.

Oh, I almost forgot! My workday was almost over when I saw a Line 6 DL4 pop up in the for sale -section of a Finnish musicians' forum. A couple pm's were sent and I ended up picking it up straight from work, only about 30 minutes after it'd been put for sale :lol: I was originally thinking about buying the TC Nova Delay, but I just... did it? I dunno :lol: anyway, I'm sort of having a project of putting together a pedalboard right now, and this is the beginning of it.

I can't think of a single guitar tone I've liked that was recorded with any Diezel (and no, I don't like Tool's guitar tone on Lateralus, so spare me that one). But I can think of quite a few recorded with a Dual Rectifier ;)

Nothing too exciting...

sdc10444.jpg

sdc10415.jpg