Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Picking one of these up used but in mint condition:

HotPlate-ebd5ea141f5078d95e08490e97cc7a96.jpg

Going to use it to tame my Plexi and as a dummy load w/ line out! Impulse time with the Plexi, woot!

-Joe

DAMN dude! Will yours be hot pink and all? Do you want some used fluffy dice and zebra-stripe carpets to go with that?

Naw seriously, good stuff. I hope you get what you want from it. It should be better than only getting the preamp tone out when using impulses.

DAMN dude! Will yours be hot pink and all? Do you want some used fluffy dice and zebra-stripe carpets to go with that?

Naw seriously, good stuff. I hope you get what you want from it. It should be better than only getting the preamp tone out when using impulses.

Hahaha! Ermz, I'm afraid I don't have a choice with this one. They color them according to impedance, so unfortunately I am stuck with the 8 ohm pink machine.

My main intention with it is to tame the volume of my Metro Amps 50 watt Plexi clone that I built. I don't like using a master volume with it, so an attenuator is essential for home playing. I used to own an Ultimate Attenuator which was AWESOME! It's too $$$ for me right now though. I figured I would try this guy.

Yeah, the Plexi is quite basic with no preamp out, so this should work nicely. Silent recording with this beast should be quite awesome.

-Joe

Noticing is one thing, getting upset enough by it to once again feel the need to get personal is another. But I never intend to offend, so once again, sorry if I did (though Slash, you must admit that's a pretty atypical choice considering what's normally bonered over in these parts ;))

Oh I'm definitely not one to be easily offended and I knew something like this will split people's minds. In fact, I've originally intended to add something like "I know some of you will be like WTF, but it's an awesome R'n'R-machine..."

I was torn between the Melody Maker and a Fender 50's Strat and though looking better, the Strat just hadn't enough balls for distorted sounds. The Meldody Maker is veeery light, less pounds than a Strat but the wood makes the difference. I might be getting the Strat later on...

I dig the striped-down look of the Melody Maker a lot, but I wish it had the Headstock of the LP Junior...

Keep cool guys, this is an attention whoring thread anyway.... ;)

Must agree in that the headstock is a bit paddle-like.

Not that bad looking a guitar though, at least it doesnt have those horrible yellow plastic-y tuners that Gibson like to put on practically every les paul.

Oog, and I just realized there's no way to adjust the intonation - hope you're not planning on tuning her away from standard! :erk: