Your latest G.A.S. purchases

"Crossgrading" from drumagog to this:

aptrigga2plug.jpg

Can't deal one more day with phase inaccurency so I hope this is the best move I can make. For peace of mind:Smokin:

vcc_1_p1.jpg

VCC.

YES. YES. YES.

WIN all the way to the fucking bank!!!!!

i love nebula and all but it sucks ass on our system and the workflow is stupid slow for me. in time, in time!

I haven't done the comparison myself but Plec seems quite adamant that Nebula smokes the VCC. I've only heard Alex B's comparisons, but from those I definitely agree. I'll be sticking with Nebz until there's a chance to do a proper A/B here.

Not sure what workflow issues there are with the console saturation though? There are no parameters to tweak, just print it to tracks/put on busses, make sure your gain staging is correct and all's well.

@analgrinder: Any reason you didn't get Trigger instead?

I haven't done the comparison myself but Plec seems quite adamant that Nebula smokes the VCC. I've only heard Alex B's comparisons, but from those I definitely agree. I'll be sticking with Nebz until there's a chance to do a proper A/B here.

Not sure what workflow issues there are with the console saturation though? There are no parameters to tweak, just print it to tracks/put on busses, make sure your gain staging is correct and all's well.

Ermz,

Maybe it's just me but I'm downloading a Neb3 update I don't think I have currently installed.

I'd use Nebula all over the place, but the problem is on my system in N4, if I try to open more than one instance of Neb, N4 instantly crashes, no GUI on Neb (just sliders) etc. etc.

Any settings in the mast section that I may have set incorrectly? I did the rate thing and set ghost mode to 'no'. but that's about it.

I did use the AlexB SSL programs on a couple EP's and a full-length and loved it...

Thanks for any help, bro!

I can't wait to test out the new AITB Neve 2254 comp demo programs....!

Oh, and the newest update of trigger is FANTASTIC. I demo'd Drumagog5 and, well...

FUCK THAT NOISE.

Bogs my system down and the UI seems clunky as all fucking hell. Triggering has been working great for me since day 1, just like all of Slate's stuff.

I do want FG-X to compliment our newly acquired Finalizer, though...

As long as you keep Rate CNV over 3200 and keep ghost mode on 'yes' you should be okay. I also go into the config file and lower the DSP Buffer to 1024 so it doesn't bog down my system.

The most significant benefit you get is printing the saturation offline to the tracks, and you can do that without any instances running in real-time at all. So maybe use nebula on single tracks and VCC on busses? Might be a good solution for you.

Cheers for the heads up on the Trigger update. I had no idea one came out.. haven't been getting e-mails or any of that jazz.

I got me a new computer finally :D Its a Intel Duel Core with about 100gb HD, its small but its enough for now, and the duel core is giving me more than enough power, I got used to a shitty pentium 4 haha, old skool style

^^Can't wait to hear some clips of that; I've heard some in the past that were cool but still decently fake-ish, would still be a better option for me than the POD HD since it sounds lame and the AxeFX since it sounds lame and is expensive as hell.

^^Can't wait to hear some clips of that; I've heard some in the past that were cool but still decently fake-ish, would still be a better option for me than the POD HD since it sounds lame and the AxeFX since it sounds lame and is expensive as hell.

I'll rarely use it with the actual Palmer cab sim. Me and a friend of mine have been experimenting over the last couple of days with his JMP1 > Marshall 50/50 > palmer (with cab sim off) then into impulses.

The result - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/Leec Palmer.mp3

Sounds fucking huge, and that's just double tracked.
By doing it that way (i.e. palmer > impulses) you get all the tubes in the equation, pre AND power, rather than when people just use their head's preamp with impulses. It's much more 3D, much more like the real thing, not to mention better than the Palmer's stock cab sim (which is awesome, just not amazing for recorded metal tones IMO!)

As long as you keep Rate CNV over 3200 and keep ghost mode on 'yes' you should be okay. I also go into the config file and lower the DSP Buffer to 1024 so it doesn't bog down my system.

The most significant benefit you get is printing the saturation offline to the tracks, and you can do that without any instances running in real-time at all. So maybe use nebula on single tracks and VCC on busses? Might be a good solution for you.

Cheers for the heads up on the Trigger update. I had no idea one came out.. haven't been getting e-mails or any of that jazz.

I'm going to try that method and also try lowing the DSP buffer, maybe that's my isssue. There are so many cool ass demo programs out there and I'd love to incorporate Neb into my workflow more. I knew it'd be a revolution when I bought Neb3 years ago, but just let it sit. This was well before AlexB and AITH, CDsoundmaster, etc.

Slate isn't too good with the e-mail updates. I usually just login to the site and check what's there occassionally, haha. Lo-and-behold, an update I didnt have.

Changed the GUI in the actual trigger window just a bit but seems more intuitive now I believe....

Thanks man!

Various in fact:lol:

- what really buged me with drumagog was this inaptitude to be phase coherent. Aptrigga only offset all samples by the same amount of latency so is only cost me something like 1 mouse clic/track for re align phase (and not 6hrs/song as before with drumagog).

-I don't need all extras features that come with trigger since I mostly use trig track for triggering or really clean snare track.

-Aptrigga work with wav so no need to convert all my sample to TCI format

-I preparing myself to switch from a cubase system under pc to a PTHD system under mac. Can't take the risk to have some issue between PTHD and trigger. I know trigger work great...etc. But less variable change you have, less problem you get.

For moment I'm happy but I will give a try to trigger when everything will run perfectly.

Aptrigga only offset all samples by the same amount of latency so is only cost me something like 1 mouse clic/track for re align phase

Could you explain this a bit further?

2nd question: I use aptrigga on channels' inserts, without printing (so real-time), and blend original with samples via plugin's GUI, but I see that some folks actually print aptrigga channel which is set like 100% wet, and then mix it with original channel by using faders. Which one is better?

Thanks in advance.

Could you explain this a bit further? Thanks.

Offset all samples by the same amount of latency mean every samples are delayed by 2ms for exemple. So you only have to slip your printed track for phase re align everything.
Drumagog offseted all samples by a very various and random latency (and I used Joey drumagog tips) so after track print; I had to check and phase align every samples.

Edit: I print everything on it's own track and blend to tast so mix 100%wet for me

Offset all samples by the same amount of latency mean every samples are delayed by 2ms for exemple. So you only have to slip your printed track for phase re align everything.
Btw is there the definitive answer how long is that sample delay in Aptrigga or not? (or - does it have fixed value or it depends?)

Thanks!

Btw is there the definitive answer how long is that sample delay in Aptrigga or not? (or - does it have fixed value or it depends?)

Thanks!

2ms isn't right value:D But yes it's fixed and seriously no matter how long is this value since is the same for all samples. So zoom in and drag according to source track.