Your latest G.A.S. purchases

They're not amazing monitors, and chances are no matter how good your gear is, you're not gonna get a Stabbing the Drama, Black Gives Way to Blue or The Way of All Flesh mix out of them.
They're good for what they are, and extremely well priced, and certainly I think it's better to get these, save up for some high end monitors, than to waste money on some mid range monitors and then buy high end monitors, just cheaper in the long run.

2x
adam%20s3a.jpg

HELL FUCKING YEAH :lol:
I jizz my freaking pants everytime I look at the picture. Should arrive next week.

Also:

HOLY SHIT, these look fucking insane for mix applications:headbang:
These were recently discontinued, right? (well sometime in the last year or so anyway I think, not sure).
Want to see a big review thread on these.

Congrats, jipchen

I've used them tons of times when tracking out in studios around Melbourne.

They are some of the best tracking monitors I've used, for sure. I prefer them to the Focal Twins and the standard array of NS-10s and whatever Boutique speakers are around. They are great speakers and I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Got nothing on the Opals though. Not even close. IMO.

HOLY SHIT, these look fucking insane for mix applications:headbang:
These were recently discontinued, right? (well sometime in the last year or so anyway I think, not sure).
Want to see a big review thread on these.
:D Yes, it's the "old" model by now (the s3x-v/h are the new ones).
I got them used for a real nice price. I actually just wandet to get a sub for my A7s but I guess this is better.
Yeah, I'll review them and I can directly compare them to my old monitors, at least for a few days before I sell them.
Congrats, jipchen

I've used them tons of times when tracking out in studios around Melbourne.

They are some of the best tracking monitors I've used, for sure. I prefer them to the Focal Twins and the standard array of NS-10s and whatever Boutique speakers are around. They are great speakers and I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Got nothing on the Opals though. Not even close. IMO.
Thanks :) I heard them (the S3A's) once and was totally blown away, everything sounded ridiculously detailled. When I was hunting the used market I was honestly looking for the Opals. But not even one fucker wanted to sell them in like 4 months, so.. :lol: And the noise the Opals are supposed to make scared me. Even sounds with very low volume bug the shit out of me, like working harddisks, fans, etc. Didn't want to risk it.

PS: Fuck, I just woke up, moved somehow Strange and now I can't get up or Move my Head without INSANE pain. WTF this sucks. I have to drive to School right now. Shiiiiit it hurts. Somehow ever had that? I really can't Even get out of bed, Not funny.
PPS: I somehow managed to get out of bed. It freakin hurts. This usually happens only to people with a very bad muscular tension/tonus.. Guess my body is telling me to do some sports. :(

Just won Digidesign Music Production Toolkit on eBay for £70 and the guy tried to pull a fast one on me by saying he couldn't find the ilok he had the licenses on after the auction ended. I smelled a rat and my girlfriend wrote a very convincing e-mail to him which has swayed him into selling it to me for the £70. And he's gonna pay for half the iLok transfer cost! :D She's awesome!

Just scored a brand new Krank Rev + for $350. I don't know why I am acquiring all this stuff. Stoked! Pics to come and maybe some clippies.

One of theeeeese:
6436_800.jpg

aaand one of theeeese:
144651_800.jpg

aaand some of this:
3040733_800.jpg

...I know harley benton is one of those brands (like behringer) which make people a bit wary, but a bit of research shows that the HB vintage 2x12 is made by Framus and is actually technically identical to the dragon 2x12, but not cosmetically, and the HB has front loaded speakers)

More research shows that the NG-100 is identical to the GLX noisegate, which is made by BOSS as a product intended for wholesale. Basically a cheap Noise Suppressor :)

More research shows that the NG-100 is identical to the GLX noisegate, which is made by BOSS as a product intended for wholesale. Basically a cheap Noise Suppressor :)

If it's got anything in common with the very similar Behringer noise gate copy, I unfortunately think that's not exactly the case :) The unit I had cut the signal randomly and was noisy as hell even on bypass. Ended up tearing it apart because I needed the jack connectors for a fuzz pedal I made :lol:

If it's got anything in common with the very similar Behringer noise gate copy, I unfortunately think that's not exactly the case :) The unit I had cut the signal randomly and was noisy as hell even on bypass. Ended up tearing it apart because I needed the jack connectors for a fuzz pedal I made :lol:

That Harley Benton is without doubt made in the GLX/Beta Aivin factory, which happens to be the same factory that proudces the electronics for Boss.. so internally its identical to a Boss. :)

Found a BCF2000 at the local pawn shop. Behringer fuck yeah.

BCF2000.jpg

That shit makes cool printer noises. lol

Made a mistake, ordered a laptop with a Ricoh chip, cancelled order and got one with TI that's avid certified:

hp_nw8440.jpg

and:

Alesis_IO26.jpg

£450 down :D