Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Focusrite%20Saffire%20Pro%20140_width=500&height=400&crop=true.jpg

Arrives tomorrow :headbang:

p11a.pair.gif

I have a used pair of P11As on the way from vintageking. Got them for 450 a piece but they have since raised the price on the others they have available to 575. They must have realized I picked these up for a steal.

FF14011E-5056-9170-D3EEE6E71673A4DE_pr.jpg

And hello having power for at least another 60 minutes in case of a power blackout :)
Also, power conditioning and surge protection included. Got it for a steal on ebay.

Nice.

Are you afraid that the 980 Watts won't be enough though?

I planned to upgrade my PC's PSU to a 1kWatt model and I'm afraid that alone will be too much, let alone also with a monitor or something connected.

The 1,500 Watt models seem quite expensive on eBay here.

Nice.

Are you afraid that the 980 Watts won't be enough though?

I planned to upgrade my PC's PSU to a 1kWatt model and I'm afraid that alone will be too much, let alone also with a monitor or something connected.

The 1,500 Watt models seem quite expensive on eBay here.
I talked to the APC customer service and they said even the 750V could be enough..the problem is a startup of the computer with battery-power.
When starting up it goes to a lot more Watt than on normal use for a very short time, and the 750V _could_ fuck that up. I don't want to risk it.

But the 1500V/980Watts should be more than sufficient. Apparently the MacPro eats about 300Watts..
I read a lot on Gearslutz also and virtually all of them have the 1500V and it doesn't go over 50% load.
Also there's a calculation assistant on their website, you can add things like different displays, external harddrives, etc. and it will show you three suiting models. Personally, I will hook up only the Mac Pro and my 24" display, plus perhaps the external drive for backups sometimes.

I got it for 110€ used on Ebay, it's half a year old. Should arrive this week, I can give you some more info then.

Where did you order yours from Mark? I went with DV247 cos I'm cheap and I ain't in a hurry.

Same, Jamie!! i couldn't grumble at the dv247 price. As i saidin the PT9 thread, my mate downloaded it from the avid site on the day of release, but his comp wont run it, so im currently using his ilok. As far as the basics, its all like V8. I've had some BSOD's related to the 003 and D-Control .dlls though so far. I haven't yet run it with a full loaded session since removing the .dlls however i have a feeling its due to me still being on a core2duo machine thats overclocked