Your latest G.A.S. purchases

mmmm
api_3124_top_thumb_600.jpg

worth the money

packard-bell-ixtreme-x9422.jpg

Packard Bell iextreme for really a fucking cheap price so I'm not complaining about the fact it's a packard bell

Intel Core i7 860
4Gb of ram (that will get to 8 asap)
ATI radeon hd5750 1Go
1to @ 7200rpm (I think I'm gonna go 64 or 128go in SSD quickly)

Can't wait to receive it and start Reaper sessions with an i7 processor !

Also i think im gonna investi in a good cooling equipment and overclock it to something around 3.5ghz, seems it can handle 4ghz+ with no probem even with usual good fans.

You are really spending some serious money these days, aren't you?
Yeah, allthough pretty much all things I've bought were either killer deals or used stuff.
So I paid about half the price you could expect all in all. It's a lot of freakin bucks anyway. And my GAS isn't half satisfied :loco:
Ha j/k, I have just a few more things on the list... rack power supply, cables, pt9, k240's. Nothing as big as the monitors or the recto..

Except an API 3124 :lol: But only if I find a good deal. I have a good offer for the Universal Audio LA-610 mkII... hard decision.

So... Are they rattling or not? :confused:

They haven't been rattling for a long time. I got mine in mid-August and they're just great. I don't think they're quite as detailed in the mids as A7/A7Xs but the low end is very low and very tight.

Yeah, allthough pretty much all things I've bought were either killer deals or used stuff.
So I paid about half the price you could expect all in all. It's a lot of freakin bucks anyway. And my GAS isn't half satisfied :loco:
Ha j/k, I have just a few more things on the list... rack power supply, cables, pt9, k240's. Nothing as big as the monitors or the recto..

Except an API 3124 :lol: But only if I find a good deal. I have a good offer for the Universal Audio LA-610 mkII... hard decision.
Yeah but it's still an awful lot of money! How do you come up with this kind of cash?

What are you looking to get the K240s for? Whatever it is I don't recommend them if you or your client are planning to wear them for longer periods (e.g. tracking).

As for API vs. UA: Just get both! :loco: The UA is great but only has one channel. Good for vocals though. API: Hell yeah, finally multi mic that guitar cab with the same (great) pre on every mic. :)
I guess I'm not really helpling you to decide, haha. :Spin:

Yeah but it's still an awful lot of money! How do you come up with this kind of cash?

What are you looking to get the K240s for? Whatever it is I don't recommend them if you or your client are planning to wear them for longer periods (e.g. tracking).

As for API vs. UA: Just get both! :loco: The UA is great but only has one channel. Good for vocals though. API: Hell yeah, finally multi mic that guitar cab with the same (great) pre on every mic. :)
I guess I'm not really helpling you to decide, haha. :Spin:
Well I had holiday jobs very often, worked as an EMT ("Rettungsdienst") for a while, I don't drink or smoke, rarely go out (I meed with friends very often I just don't like to go to some random club), and spent all my money on gear :lol: Now, the biggest part is a freaking uncool building loan contract ("Bausparvertrag") :D
I decided to not take the money to build some house or buy a flat someday, but to built my studio and also buy some gear. I'm doing everything I can by myself (read my studio construction thread) so I'm keeping the costs relatively low.

Yeah I wanted the K240 (mkIIs) for tracking and listening mainly. I got the K271 and a Vic Firth for the clients, but I use a AKG K-301 myself.. which are old Hifi headphones. I love the 271 so I thought I might snatch the 240..
I'll probably go to the music store soon and try them out (the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro were the other candidate)

Ha, thanks for making me GAS even harder :devil: I guess I'll just have to wait for a good deal to come regarding the API.

Yeah, I've seen your construction thread. Looks great. You're doing some good work there for sure!
I guess your "Bausparverträge" are different to ours because over here they are worth 7,200 Euros max. and that would never cover your kind of building/gear...

The K240s are really uncomfortable to wear for mike than half an hour or so. I haven't used those exact Beyerdynamics but I did use the DT 770s for extensive periods of time (doing radioshows four hours each) and they are really comfortable. Of course I can't commend on the sound but it looks like the DT 990s have the same design. That cushions around the headphones tend to get dirty over time but they can be replaced (e.g. Thomann overs the replacement parts).

Haha, well yeah, the Api and the UA are the only two preamps I know I'd definitely want if money wasn't an issue so I'm afraid I can't really help you decide. ;)