Your latest G.A.S. purchases

FF14011E-5056-9170-D3EEE6E71673A4DE_pr.jpg
Don't you ever take off the front cover!! You won't be able to get it back in place.
Should be coming today, decided to swap the 8 string for it.

EC1000backyard.jpg
Nice! :worship: Still not as nice as the Eclipse 1. ;)
Picking this up tonight:
DV016_Jpg_Large_546550.257_maple.jpg
Say goodbye to a healthy neck... :wave:

Honestly, if you notice your neck starting to hurt after a while of using that desk, do not repeat my mistake and just keep at it. I did that for a year, and even though removing the rack helped my neck pains considerably, they still pop out every now and then, sometimes so badly I can't work without painkillers.

Finally finished my 1176 RevD.

1176Front.jpg

It was a little bumpy towards the end - I forgot to tie the main secondary wires together on the output transformer, resulting in a severely high-passed sound. But now that it's wired properly, it's sounding fantastic, and IMHO, it kills the CLA-76 plugin.

I feel the need for more hardware...Hey, Ermz - as an owner of both, would you recommend another D or an A? :)

1176Front.jpg

It was a little bumpy towards the end - I forgot to tie the main secondary wires together on the output transformer, resulting in a severely high-passed sound. But now that it's wired properly, it's sounding fantastic, and IMHO, it kills the CLA-76 plugin.

I feel the need for more hardware...Hey, Ermz - as an owner of both, would you recommend another D or an A? :)

Epic. How many hours/dollars were put into it?

They can be built for well under $500.

You can buy all the hard-to-find at HairballAudio.com, and they have a cart link that includes everything else on the bill of materials here. The PCB of your choice can be added when you purchase as a kit, but it will ship separately from Mnats in Australia. The 1176 build is very well documented on Prodigy Pro.

I started this project well over a year ago, when all I did was populate the PCB. I recently had the urge to finish it, so I pulled the trigger on remaining parts from Hairball Audio. I think it took between 10 and 15 hours, not counting all the time I spent pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the thing had no bass. If I had proper tools, like wire strippers and a soldering clamp, it probably would have been a bit faster. I bet I could bang my next one out in a single day.

I love those kits Hairball are offering. They weren't available when I got mine done, otherwise I'd have bought two of awesome cases and had separate units instead of a dual-mono.

I'd recommend an A, for sure. It's a filthy beast. According to my builder it takes a fair bit of wiring know-how to cancel all the ground loops and hum you're bound to get since it's such a noisy circuit design.

1176Front.jpg

That looks really sweet. I'm planning on making one of the Rev J's that the guy sells. If it goes good, a Rev A may well come after that. Well done man!

Got this for my laptop/synth rig. Just needed something solid for routing different vsts to different stereo outs. So far, works solid in Sonar 8.5 on Windows 7 64-bit.

568551.jpg

And picked this up for $100, pretty stoked.

boss_rv-3_001.jpg

EDIT: And just picked this up this morning

korg%20ms2000.jpg

There are some things I'm not entirely stoked on, like the fact that my 'overall volume' knob is now a tiny trim near the output jack, or the fact that you can't use certain effect combos together (compressor + acoustic simulator) or an overdrive pedal model infront of the amp (can't use the 'external' setting simultaneously with one of the 'drive' settings), but other than that it's really cool. If I didn't see myself upgrading to an amp that has an actual clean channel in the near-ish future, I'd probably spring for the GT-10 or something, but for now it's more than fine.