Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Ebay link ain't working for me Lasse - and with that Apogee and the card, you can just plug it straight into one of the HD cards? Also, what are you using for DA conversion?

Ebay link ain't working for me Lasse - and with that Apogee and the card, you can just plug it straight into one of the HD cards? Also, what are you using for DA conversion?

dunno why I can't get that link to work...try copy/pasting the auction number perhaps.

yeah, with that X-HD card you can use the apogee directly with the PT HD core and accel cards, PT sees the apogee as an 192 then.

for DA (and additional AD) I'm still using my RME ADI-8DS and the Focusrite.
so that's 16ch of DA

it's a pity that the apogee doesn't have ADAT in...so the AD of my RME ADI-8 are not being used.....waste of 8 great channels of AD-Conversion :(

what I'd need would be a way to get those adat inputs into PT (for 32 channels of high qual AD) but I guess the cheapest way would be an additional 92....it's a pity there's no device that's just having the ADAT I/O, that works with PT HD (for cheap of course)...

Hey Lasse, have you noticed any issues with the X-HD card and the apogee refusing to sync with ProTools? Happened about 1 in 3 times at the studio I was using for the last album. The studio owner seemed to blame Digi for leaving the 'bug' in the system.

Hey Lasse, have you noticed any issues with the X-HD card and the apogee refusing to sync with ProTools? Happened about 1 in 3 times at the studio I was using for the last album. The studio owner seemed to blame Digi for leaving the 'bug' in the system.

no, thing will be arriving on monday...looking forward to it ;)
not really afraid of syncing probles though...tons of ppl on gearslutz using it w/o any problems.

what did the studio-guy you were talking of do to fix it? just restart PT?

with adat being a digital signal already, surely the signal wouldn't benefit from going through the apogee as it wouldn't need to be converted from analogue to digital......

no, it wouldn't benefit...but since the Apo doesn't have ADAT in there's no way to get the signal into PT at all...
so those 8 RME channels will not be used until I buy another 92i/o or something.

How are you interfacing your D/A converters (RME/Focusrite) with the HD cards, though? And when you say Focusrite, you mean the Octopre? I didn't know it had D/A conversion (as well as A/D)

CIMG1404.jpg

Jesus James, too many guitars ;) But yeah, lookin' good - it did come with casters though, right? I'd leave 'em on for better decoupling from the floor...

Jesus James, too many guitars ;) But yeah, lookin' good - it did come with casters though, right? I'd leave 'em on for better decoupling from the floor...

Did it fuck, the place is shocking where I got it from, picked it up today and the guy just said "Nah, thats how it comes". So I was like...urgh...looks like im gonna have to order some off my own back. Not exactly cheap either :(

Did it fuck, the place is shocking where I got it from, picked it up today and the guy just said "Nah, thats how it comes". So I was like...urgh...looks like im gonna have to order some off my own back. Not exactly cheap either :(

Yeah, the Mesa casters are ridiculously expensive, but I gotta say they're the most solid and stable I've ever used!

I went to MusicGoRound to buy a rack and/or MIDI footswitch for the 2101. I had $100 from selling a couple of Digitech Genesis 3's...

I saw the following marked $99 and jumped on them like a drunk frat boy on a passed out Thai hooker

GMAJOR-2T.jpg

TC Electronic G-Major
http://www.proaudiosolutions.com/product-p/gmajor.htm

AND

GMINOR-2T.jpg

TC Electronic G-Minor
http://www.proaudiosolutions.com/product-p/gminor.htm

$106 out the door... I nearly came.

I got this for free Sunday for selling a guitar for a friend. It's the closest thing to a gear purchase I'll probably get this year since I'm about to buy a house. I bought a 2101 new when they came out in '93. Sold it years ago. Really liking this one. Put JJ 12AX7's in it, really helped a LOT.

digitech_gsp2101_multifx.gif

bosgt8.jpg

GAS GAS GAS, then two of these on their way (I hope they come with the cable tie :D)

pw-g-20web.jpg

... with another new TKL case (Bigger version of what I already use :D) Not a bad GAS weekend, GT-8 was (un)used off eBay from a guy within 20 miles of me. Got a STINKING deal on it, too