Your latest G.A.S. purchases

studiob1.l.jpg

I had already bought one some time ago for 60 euros and now I got a second one for 30 euros. Awesome mic for the price, especially for acoustic guitars. I also use it for all kinds of vocals and it sounds pretty decent.

krk-rokitg5-460-80.jpg

Couldn't get the Reveal 5a's, according to the dude at Dolphin music Tannoy are "having major production problems" so stock was non existant, and that really didn't bode well even if they got some in, wouldn't want them breaking on me a week or two in.

Anyway, stoked cos the Rokits should be here tomorrow, and that means I don't have to mix with other people exclusively in college anymore, a blessing!

Just today I had a dude tell me that a DI signal I was tracking for a re-amp "sounds shite man".

GAH!

how do you like 8 as opposed to 7.4? I still havent bothered upgrading yet....even though i have a free upgrade waiting for me to download
*ducks and hides for cover*

well, i had to pay for the bastard as i upgraded to pt 7.4 5 days before the free cut off day :mad:

anywhoo after putting off the upgrade for 4 months or so i decided to go for it and to be honest, its not that bad im working on some sessions brought over from 7.4 and im having no issues with regards work flow. my main concern about upgrading was the inevitable CPU hog, but thats not too bad, could do with upping to a quad core and 4 gig ram soon but its very stable for the time being on big sessions!

Awesome space echo dude! Our family collection (i.e. dads stuff I can grab from time to time :lol: ) includes a 201 and 501. Theres nothing cooler then a space echo, every studio absolutely has to have one. The 501 sounds more hifi to me, but the 201 has the better 'tone' through old gear. I'm sure I'll get to check out a 150 one day too!