Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I have no idea what you guys are referencing, but another awesome use of the whammy pedal is the solo in Nevermore's "Bittersweet Feast" :headbang:

I have no idea what you guys are referencing, but another awesome use of the whammy pedal is the solo in Nevermore's "Bittersweet Feast" :headbang:

Ah yeah, funnily enough my fav two songs on that album are both written by Steve Smyth lol I think. He did write Bittersweet Feast as well as A Future Uncertain right?

Never heard Becoming by Pantera?!?!?! :zombie:

Nope, never bee a big fan of the band :erk:

Ah yeah, funnily enough my fav two songs on that album are both written by Steve Smyth lol I think. He did write Bittersweet Feast as well as A Future Uncertain right?

Hmm, I never noticed that, but your right - I wouldn't say they're necessarily my two favorite (I mean, they could be, I just never thought about it, cuz they're all good), but A Future Uncertain especially really sorta stands apart from the rest of the album musically in a good way, I really dig it!

Thats disgraceful, if you have heard Cowboys From Hell before be it by accident you gotta check out Becoming, the first few chords just make me want to twat next doors cat....and im an animal lover!!!

Nope, never bee a big fan of the band :erk:

Hmm, I never noticed that, but your right - I wouldn't say they're necessarily my two favorite (I mean, they could be, I just never thought about it, cuz they're all good), but A Future Uncertain especially really sorta stands apart from the rest of the album musically in a good way, I really dig it!

A Future Uncertain has some killer riffs to me, and the acoustic intro is just sa-weet! Only thing missing is a killer shred solo, it's like equivalent of the song Dead Heart in a Dead World to me, great riffs, great intro, but a bit of a let down lead wise, I mean they both have killer leads still, but I miss a real fucking brutal raw lead on them, I think something along the lines of the leads on Psalm Of Lydia would have satisfied me more.

Thats disgraceful, if you have heard Cowboys From Hell before be it by accident you gotta check out Becoming, the first few chords just make me want to twat next doors cat....and im an animal lover!!!

Oh man, I have multiple riffs that make me wanna break shit, the first riff in Buried Dreams by Carcass is one for me.

GSSL2009010.jpg

and..

http://www.2caudio.com/promo/kvrgroupbuy/

Ermz, excuse my ignorance/noobness, but what is it? :guh:

Haha, it's a DIY unit that's as yet unlabeled, so I wasn't expecting anyone to know based on number of knobs alone!

It's a Gyraf SSL bus compressor that a friend of mine finally got finished making for me. I'll be heading out to Factory Sound tomorrow to grab an IEC cable for it so I can finally give it a test. Will likely do an A/B shootout with the Waves SSL and Cytomic 'The Glue' plug-ins.

Haha, it's a DIY unit that's as yet unlabeled, so I wasn't expecting anyone to know based on number of knobs alone!

It's a Gyraf SSL bus compressor that a friend of mine finally got finished making for me. I'll be heading out to Factory Sound tomorrow to grab an IEC cable for it so I can finally give it a test. Will likely do an A/B shootout with the Waves SSL and Cytomic 'The Glue' plug-ins.

Shit, I've been gassing for one for so long. How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, I'd appreciate the shoot-out a lot :)

I haven't even received the CIJ Jazzmaster yet, and I already made a deal of a second Classic Player Jazzmaster too. My bank account is crying for mercy right now :lol: if they're both good, I'm pretty happy! If one of them isn't quite as good, I'll trade it to a Jaguar or a Tele.

Oh, and I also ordered a Fulltone OCD copy from someone I know who builds really cool pedals.

It seems my "second" rig is getting pretty decent, I still need a better amp though. I'm also going through a singlecoil phase, as you can probably see.

Shit, I've been gassing for one for so long. How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, I'd appreciate the shoot-out a lot :)

I think it was roughly in the $400 AUD mark, including the powdercoating. That was back in slightly better economic times. It took a little while to assemble. I'll get the shoot-out done as soon as my hearing gets back on the ball! The Cytomic compressor only has about a week before my trial expires, so I'll have to do it before then.

@Oz: Nice pictures dude. Got some clips to complement?

fuck. bought a ENGL Fireball last week. along with a tube screamer, morley volume pedal, isp decimator, and an EQ. should all be here tomorrow!