Your latest G.A.S. purchases

^
Haha ok man :p You take great pictures!!!

I really like the sound of the mesa. Seems to sound best with the Engl actually, its usually the other way around. And i wanted a different sounding amp. The JSX triple X and 5150 sound pretty much the same, so i got more options now and that is what i wanted :) It is either a Savage or a EVH 5150 III next.

How is the JVM for you??

@ Joshua Wick. No its a newer 3hannel rectifier :)

I've been thinking about getting that Blue mic, what have you tried it on so far? I hear pretty good things about it.

Yeah, this mic has a very nice sound. With the focus switch on it gets a hot, vintage-y sound to it!

Clip with vocals: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24232048/Blue Do Over!.mp3

The vocals come in at about :33 seconds. I cranked 'em to hear the character more. They are rough takes of the singer of my new pop/metal/rock project. Nonsense placeholder lyrics, etc (english isn't her native language, clearly. haha). There is some processing going on, mostly distortion and other weird shit, playing with an old lo-fi-ish sound too, cutting most of the warmth out, etc. Probably sounds terrible to you guys (can you say presence! haha). Also I was playing around with the mic and changing stuff while she was singing so the sound changes a bit here and there... This was recorded in an untreated living room with the outside doors open. haha. Next time in my newly created makeshift vocal booth! lol.

This mic is really hot! There is also a lot of noise/bleed in these vocal tracks. But for a quick test it wasn't absolute shit. I'm anxious to try this mic on other things and how the final vocals will turn out, which I start recording this weekend. I wanna play with a 'chewstick gitt'r and see how it sounds as well.

5150 III and now this.. I'm on a fucking roll

p26405.jpg

Everyone's trying to do my angular sexy-amp shots. Come to terms with it guys, it just ain't gonna happen. I made a freakin JVM look un-barfworthy FFS! :lol:

Congrats Christian. I have to say it's an amp you expect to see in many line-ups, and I have one in my own but.... to be honest it never seems to beat another amp for a project. It's probably the least used for me by far. I hope you have a different experience with it.

Hate to break it to you ermz but you're not the first guy in the world to do angled gear shots :)

I got a TC G-Sharp rack last week. I run it off spdif i/o with MIDI clock to lock to session tempo. Pretty useful box but doesn't do extreme atmospheric effects and the delay doesn't self-oscillate or pitch shift, regardless I've used it on a couple mixes last week.

I got a TC G-Sharp rack last week. I run it off spdif i/o with MIDI clock to lock to session tempo. Pretty useful box but doesn't do extreme atmospheric effects and the delay doesn't self-oscillate or pitch shift, regardless I've used it on a couple mixes last week.

Hope you have better luck with it than I did, mine died after exactly 1 year and 1 week.

I would have assumed there are plugins that do everything that unit does... probably better than it does it too. What are you thoughts on it?

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe and a HT-Dual pedal. Hello hardware and goodbuy shitty ampsims.:worship: Bought both on the seconhandmarket for about 740 euro and its quite cheap here in Sweden.

I would have assumed there are plugins that do everything that unit does... probably better than it does it too. What are you thoughts on it?

Plugins are great but I'm kinda sick of them. I have so many of them that it's kinda like they're less valuable.
The rack was only $80 and I'm sure I could resell it for the same. I'm not saying this things is amazing or anything, a POD would probably be infinitely more useful but for now it's fun and sounds good enough to use in a mix.

I don't have a lot of hardware: some pedals, this G-Sharp, a space echo, an RNC.

Hardware encourages experimentation, and committing to a sound in a way that plugins don't, at least for me. I run a sound through it, tweak and print. It's not really saving CPU or anything but I just have a little more fun with hardware fx.

Some of my latest studio gear purchases:

ADR Compex F760X-RS (T) - with transformers
ADR Compex F760X-RS - no transformers

Great Drum bus and parallel compressors :headbang:

ADR_Compex_F760X-RS+F760X-RST_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

Urei LA-3A pair
Urei_LA-3A_Pair_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

I have to take pics of the other gear I bought.
I'm starting to have more hardware compressors than guitar amps :lol::lol::lol: