Your latest G.A.S. purchases

a6.jpg

Going back to single-coils in the Tele.

Seems abrupt - I seem to recall you being quite intent on getting an EMG in there, you just shifting back to and EMG-T or swapping them both out completely for something different?

Öwen;10015757 said:
Seems abrupt - I seem to recall you being quite intent on getting an EMG in there, you just shifting back to and EMG-T or swapping them both out completely for something different?

Got the axe running HH EMG's back about March, and then in June switched it to passives. I have enough guitars at this point (especially HH), though, that I want it to sound like the axe it is - a twangy, pissed off, aggressive plank of wood. Going with passive and truly single coil pickups in it.

AKG Q701's (repackaged K701's)

577997.jpg

The transient detail is just mind boggling. Spent a good hour in the store switching between them and every other headphone you people have ever reccomended, and nothing came close in terms of seperation and detail.

a new cherry house for my vypyr combo

313458_130023983765348_100002732402379_120090_852453048_n.jpg

No offense, but I had a vypyr, and I don't think doing something that fancy to that amp is quite justified. ESPECIALLY if it's the solid-state version and not at least the trans-tube/power tube model. :lol:
But hey, if you like it that much to pimp it out, then that's all that matters I guess. Looks cool though.

No offense, but I had a vypyr, and I don't think doing something that fancy to that amp is quite justified. ESPECIALLY if it's the solid-state version and not at least the trans-tube/power tube model. :lol:
But hey, if you like it that much to pimp it out, then that's all that matters I guess. Looks cool though.

^^ i don´t like combos that much and the 30 watt head version is not to find here in germany. don´t see much sense and hear that much difference in the tube versions.
but you are right it would be way cooler if it would be a real tube amp and not a "computer". thats for shure.
...anyway i like it.