Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Finally, after years of waiting, Ibanez releases a left handed 7-string. BUT, only for USA. Managed to get it from musicpower.com (guitartrader) who ship worldwide. Their service was great; very satisfied. Would recommend it to all Euro lefty players:

RG7321BKL.jpg

looks ACE except the bridge, is this a NT bridge? why is it so biiiiiig? :lol:
i really like ibanez but the availability of LH gutars is so poor, especially for such a big company. if there are left handed models, they have FR.

i'd like to read a review of this one, looking for a decent lefty
sevenstring for years.

cheers
S.

Time to get ridiculed here, but... I just bought a piece of Behringer gear. I bought the Autocom MDX1000 as it's modeled on the DBX 160. For £50, I thought it was worth a punt. By the looks of things, it's two channels. This is also apparently, not made in the far east, but I've got no evidence to back that up yet. I shall report in when it arrives.

Behringer-MDX1000.jpg

My Palmer Daccapo arrived tonight. Just need the French post to hurry the hell up with my Fireface!

Some of their old German comps were really good. That was back in the day when they were a high end brand hehe, much as it is hard to believe. Do report on how it sounds. I kinda doubt it will beat a 160VU, but a 160A is nothing that special to begin with IMO.

Pretty sure it's the 160A that it's comparable to. Be good for bass and synths I guess. For £50... it's a cheapy!

High end brand? lol!

2 new Pickups! (both for the bridge position in my guitar (EMG 81 replacement). I need to compare...)

SEYMOUR DUNCAN AHB-2
206348.jpg

AND

SEYMOUR DUNCAN AHB-3
240452.jpg

^^^ Interested in those too. The C5 and the C50 are exactly the same thing, but with different cabinets it appears. The C5 just looks more like the older auratones.

I went with the C50 because from my understanding it has a wider frequency response compared to the C5. The C50 is a clone of the Avantone which is an 'improved' Auratone, the C5 is a clone of the original. I paid around $200 for em.

I did some research, this is what I found:

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Number=918899
Mike Senior on the C5a said:
First thing I did was sling it up alongside my Avantone Mixcube Active, and my first impressions are that it's LF frequency range is a lot more restricted by comparison -- more like my memories of the original Auratone, in fact. You'd have to work really hard to get your bass instruments to cut through on it, which is part of the point of using one. The timbre feels a lot less 'smooth' than the Avantone -- it comes across as definitely more lo-fi -- in that the details of the mix feel less clear, and everything feels a bit cramped together. This might well be a distortion issue, because the Avantone is very good in that respect. The big plus-point of the C5A for me so far is that it seems to be able to resolve lead-vocal balance pretty well. There's not much between it and the Avantone on this count as far as I can hear so far, although I've only given it an hour's listening, to be fair.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/prod...koff-you-might-actually-want-behritone-7.html
Bratwurst on gearslutz said:
Black: Auratone, red: C5A, blue C50A
0404853ab5808f68ab4f9aeb6580ae93f0e09f31.jpg
(couldn't find a waterfall but it's probably not too important with these)

Retinal on gearsultz said:
My guess, the vintage looking one are a Auratone clone while the modern are Avantone clone? <------- just checked, I was right :)
same exact bandwidth, 90-17 for the Avantone and 150-15 for the vintage auratone

Think I'll jump on the C50a then.

Also, what monitor foam are you using with those?