Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Gretsch Catalina Maple shell pack

mc-e825-rs_001_1980_detail.jpg

Probably about to buy the Windsor since it's so cheap again.

How can you put that in the latest GAS purchases if you haven't purchased it yet? :lol: Shouldn't this go in the "what are you currently GASing for?" thread? hahahaha.

OT: You can find the Windsor heads cheap anywhere dude. They are on craigslist all the time for like $100-150. You can also find them at the http://used.guitarcenter.com website all the time in that price range as well. There's no reason to spend more to buy that thing new. And the cabs.... pft... they're so cheap it's a joke. Within a week on CL, I had 2 different guys offer me their windsor half-stacks at $125 and $175 for everything.

Some V5 upgrades

cg_dyn.jpg

Channel G HD

cb303_s_nh.png

Compressor Bank HD

mc2000_mc404_s_nh.jpg

MC2000 HD

r_main_image.jpg

Revolver

Something lightweight and loud for live use:
rh750_front.jpg

Plus another Mix Farm Card for the PT TDM Tracking machine.

Mikaël-ange;10034622 said:
You still using your PT Mix since you get your HD rig?

Yup, the Mix rig is at our drum studio for tracking, the HD Rig is with me at home for mixing/production.

Mix rigs are so under rated for tracking tasks, proper stability, ultra low latency id take one over any ASIO/Core Audio interface any day.

Mikaël-ange;10034923 said:
But only 64 voice...

You know ive never even noticed what the voice count is, its never been a problem for me, I only use the Rig for drum tracking, maximum 16 inputs at once and perhaps only 8 outputs.
Hardly ever any plugins, perhaps just amp farm for the guitar guide track and a little EQ or compression/gating to make it sound nicer for the drummer in his headphones.

Mikaël-ange;10034923 said:
I don't know if mix rig are under rated but I know TLA switched to HD only this years:D

Well that surely tells you something about its time tested functionality/useability and staying power ;)

@DigitalMetal-how do you like the T.C. Electronic RH750, really digging their bassamps!

Its pretty darn cool so far,
Plenty of power in hand if you need it, VERY lightweight, never even gets warm let alone hot.
Sounds good has a great tonal range although because of this its taking me a little while to craft my sound (once ive found my tone i usually set and forget).
Up until now (since selling my very heavy Ampeg SVT5 Pro) ive been using a Sansamp Bass DI Deluxe through various power sections of amps and ive kind of got used to the tone of the suggested Ampeg SVT tone from the manual slightly tweeked.
So i guess i need to dial that in but ive just not had enough time when i can crank it loud to fine tune it yet but its very very versatile for tweekability with the tweeter tone and tube tone and you can alter the frequency points of the tone stack with the shift button.
IMO its worth the money just for how compact yet powerful it is.
i dont feel the tuner is a fast/stable as my TC polytune, it seems to jump around a lot more but maybe because its just too sensitive, i dont know.

Anyway i certainly recommend it as a good amp !

looks ACE except the bridge, is this a NT bridge? why is it so biiiiiig? :lol:
i really like ibanez but the availability of LH gutars is so poor, especially for such a big company. if there are left handed models, they have FR.

i'd like to read a review of this one, looking for a decent lefty
sevenstring for years.

cheers
S.

Tried it yesterday at rehersal... The pickups are as expected, need to change them. The bridge is actually ok, didn't have problems with it.
It's a Gibraltar Standard 7 bridge. Here's the pic from Ibanez:

gibraltar_standard_bridge_profile.jpg

The neck is nice, far more comfortable than my Schecter ATX7... and of course not as good as my ESP Horizon NT7.

Anyway, this guitar is made to be a workhorse... cheap enough to do whatever you want with it (450$), good enough to be a backup guitar. That's what I was looking for.
Don't hesitate to ask me anything, it's a bitch to be a lefty guitarist :)

You know ive never even noticed what the voice count is, its never been a problem for me, I only use the Rig for drum tracking, maximum 16 inputs at once and perhaps only 8 outputs.
Hardly ever any plugins, perhaps just amp farm for the guitar guide track and a little EQ or compression/gating to make it sound nicer for the drummer in his headphones.

Well that surely tells you something about its time tested functionality/useability and staying power ;)

For drum tracking it make sense.
I know Mix rig are stable but I'm happy like a pig in the mud with HD TDM so why change a rocking system. TLA had the approach with is mix rig.
But HD switch haven't changed lot of thing for him as I heared (PT HD still going through is 3348 digitally).

Finally, after years of waiting, Ibanez releases a left handed 7-string. BUT, only for USA. Managed to get it from musicpower.com (guitartrader) who ship worldwide. Their service was great; very satisfied. Would recommend it to all Euro lefty players:

RG7321BKL.jpg

Also, got a bridge pickup DiMarzio X2N-7 (just to try it out, maybe getting a D-activator 7 or EVO7, dunno) from Thomann.de:

X2Nr_7_DP705_Web.jpg

I'm a lefty as well and have been WAITING for an Ibby lefty 7 for AGES now....

My manager and great friend at the music store I work at ordered one (for me mostly to play because our selection of lefties is very limited).

I've only had a chance to play on it for maybe 10 minutes but I love how it felt.

IT WILL BE MINE. The stock PUPS are junk as to be expected but it had great balance, playability, etc..

I still LOVE the LTD M-307(?) that Phil let me borrow, string upside down and recess the pots so they don't get in the way (i have no need for a volume or tone control, hahaha). It's all Japanese made so that accounts for something but the neck is a fucking baseball bat compared to the new Ibby 7321L....

Highly recommend or us lefties who don't dig the Schecter sound!! (Although I saw their newest product catalog and almost 90% of their GTR's are also available lefty..... even the Loomis sig! Albeit with a fixed bridge, which I prefer anyhow..

Tried it yesterday at rehersal... The pickups are as expected, need to change them. The bridge is actually ok, didn't have problems with it.
It's a Gibraltar Standard 7 bridge. Here's the pic from Ibanez:

gibraltar_standard_bridge_profile.jpg

The neck is nice, far more comfortable than my Schecter ATX7... and of course not as good as my ESP Horizon NT7.

Anyway, this guitar is made to be a workhorse... cheap enough to do whatever you want with it (450$), good enough to be a backup guitar. That's what I was looking for.
Don't hesitate to ask me anything, it's a bitch to be a lefty guitarist :)

i'm having seroius G.A.S atm!
i searched the store you linked but i could not find it, do you have a direct link to the guitar?

cheers
S.

7321's have really weird necks, I'm not sure if thats Ibanez in general, I haven't played a lot of them, but it just felt weird.

Anyway, I really didn't like mine, felt really cheap and there was a lot of unshiftable neck buzz, so I sold it.

How can you put that in the latest GAS purchases if you haven't purchased it yet? :lol: Shouldn't this go in the "what are you currently GASing for?" thread? hahahaha.

OT: You can find the Windsor heads cheap anywhere dude. They are on craigslist all the time for like $100-150. You can also find them at the http://used.guitarcenter.com website all the time in that price range as well. There's no reason to spend more to buy that thing new. And the cabs.... pft... they're so cheap it's a joke. Within a week on CL, I had 2 different guys offer me their windsor half-stacks at $125 and $175 for everything.

T00 late bro, bought it on Musicians Friend. I checked C-list, none are available. PHEW! Also their cabs are groce, no thanks, got my Mesa cab.

Mikaël-ange;10035009 said:
For drum tracking it make sense.
I know Mix rig are stable but I'm happy like a pig in the mud with HD TDM so why change a rocking system. TLA had the approach with is mix rig.
But HD switch haven't changed lot of thing for him as I heared (PT HD still going through is 3348 digitally).

I wouldnt dare try and do a Mix on it while ive got an HD rig o_O
Its a tracking rig and thats all its used for.

I wouldnt mind betting TLA uses mostly outboard gear and a console, so im sure it was just being used as a digital tape machine (and thats all im using it as) , therefore no need to have anything more elaborate.