Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Brilliant midrange. I hope they make the 8" version

My drummer bought a pair after hearing mine.

Just what I wanted to hear. The KRK 5's are horrible, 0 mid range. Everytime I'd text a mix in my cars my ears were ripped to shreds in the 1-4k area. Thanks!

Not studio related, but I snagged on of these for £140 on ebay...

samsung-omnia-7-windows-phone-7-590x393.jpg

Would not have expected you to get a Windows Phone :loco:

I'm a man of varied tastes :lol:

currently rocking a Macbook (Dual-booting OS X with Win 7), Desktop PC, iPad, Android Phone (which I'm getting rid of) and a Linux Server (for playing around with web development), all in daily use.

I've a development job starting in September that's all Micorsoft/C#/Silverlight development, so I'm getting into the whole Windows Phone thing too.

At the very least, it will be a huge step up from this piece-of-shit Android that I'm currently using :lol:

I'll report back after a few weeks with a review.

51OhX3pGkaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Auralex Gramma to isolate my iso cab and/or 2x12 from the floor of my apartment. The iso cab's pretty quiet aside from the bass resonance. I kinda wish it had come with casters or something. Also got a 6" gooseneck for the mic mount in the iso cab. Can't believe they didn't include something like that. The standard mount gives you a pretty TERRIBLE mic position and not much room to maneuver.

51OhX3pGkaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Auralex Gramma to isolate my iso cab and/or 2x12 from the floor of my apartment. The iso cab's pretty quiet aside from the bass resonance. I kinda wish it had come with casters or something. Also got a 6" gooseneck for the mic mount in the iso cab. Can't believe they didn't include something like that. The standard mount gives you a pretty TERRIBLE mic position and not much room to maneuver.

6" won't be enough - I made the same mistake. I ended up getting a 13", double male threaded gooseneck (socket in the Randall is female... fucking stupid) that works perfectly, though.

Samples ^ :)

For samples I'll refer you to Ola's and FearComplexMusic's YT clips. I won't be able to do better :lol: Besides this is my first Marshall, and the EQ is kicking my ass. Gain seems to also add bass, mids also seem to add gain, bass seems more like a low punch...so confused. ENGL has spoiled me

6" won't be enough - I made the same mistake. I ended up getting a 13", double male threaded gooseneck (socket in the Randall is female... fucking stupid) that works perfectly, though.

Really? Mine came with a 4" extension connected to the base plate. It has a male end on it. I measured and the 6" should be good. Maybe yours didn't come with the extension, cuz if I take that out then the base plate is female and I'd have to go your route.

The only thing I'm worried about is if the 6" thing will be long enough (ha. that's what she said) to let me lift the mic up a bit and maneuver it where I want. I swear the spot they installed the mic mount is the worst possible one. If you don't get a gooseneck, your 57 is about 2" away from the damn speaker pointing in an odd place. I wish they'd put just 10 minutes more thought into these. IF they came with two mic inputs, goosenecks for positioning, and casters, they'd be amazing. But thats stuff I can fix anyway, so I'm not too bummed about it.

Mine had the extension, but the 6" of gooseneck wasn't flexible enough to get the mic in a good position IMO. I need to do a few mods to mine, I want to add a second mic jack and stuff the bottom with OC703, as well as maybe line the top with it. Have also thought about putting rubber weatherstripping around the edge where the lid closes to make it a true seal, but we'll see.

Mine had the extension, but the 6" of gooseneck wasn't flexible enough to get the mic in a good position IMO. I need to do a few mods to mine, I want to add a second mic jack and stuff the bottom with OC703, as well as maybe line the top with it. Have also thought about putting rubber weatherstripping around the edge where the lid closes to make it a true seal, but we'll see.

Balls. That's what I was afraid of. I'll just get the bigger gooseneck. Adding a separate mic jack should be easy, and I was also thinking about lining the top and sides with 703 to see if I can tame a bit more of that boominess. Let me know how that works out if you get around to it.

426017_2979300216020_1667349124_2452627_473246151_n.jpg

Some new stuff, some old stuff... I couldn't get it all in one rack..... :(

Please and THANK YOU!
-phfuck