Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Crappy pics.

Rack.jpg

Amps.jpg

Desk.jpg

Saffire 56, HS80m are news. And the ENGL finally (after quite some years) got repaired. Now the fun part begins, soldering mayhem.

Haha I hope so.. I never thought those damn pedals could be so expensive. And it's not even one of the really expensive models :yow:
Do you know how long the battery lasts roughly?

I guess it depends on how long you use it! :lol: I've heard people say it eats up batteries more-so than other pedals. But, if you're smart, you would just plug it in and use an adapter like I do so you don't waste money on batteries. ;)

I guess it depends on how long you use it! :lol: I've heard people say it eats up batteries more-so than other pedals. But, if you're smart, you would just plug it in and use an adapter like I do so you don't waste money on batteries. ;)
Haha yeah I meant how many hours of usage :p
Ah well I guess I'll see, thing is I will have to play one rehearsal without the power supply - but I hope it will last those few hours.
Just asking because I read about the TC Electronic Flashback and the battery doesn't even last 2 hours apparently.. but it's a complicated digital device while the MXR is analogue and pretty simple.
Thanks anyway :)

Analog delays are quite power hungry, yes. Not that bad compared to things like the Line 6 DL4 though. Personally I'm GASing for the Strymon El Capistan quite bad, which I hope will fill my needs for the dirtier delay stuff, and I'm pretty set on getting the Line 6 M9 to handle the cleaner digital repeats, reverse stuff etc. since the DL4 I used to own did those quite well. And since it also has the Verbzilla stuff in it, it should fill my needs for reverb as well. But since our post-rock band is having a break from playing, they're not too high on my list of stuff to purchase. My cheap Chinese Biyang delay & reverb are quite enough for just noodling stuff at home.

Haha yeah I meant how many hours of usage :p
Ah well I guess I'll see, thing is I will have to play one rehearsal without the power supply - but I hope it will last those few hours.
Just asking because I read about the TC Electronic Flashback and the battery doesn't even last 2 hours apparently.. but it's a complicated digital device while the MXR is analogue and pretty simple.
Thanks anyway :)

Use a good power supply instead of batteries...I purchased a Diago Powerstation and it slays.

Analog delays are quite power hungry, yes. Not that bad compared to things like the Line 6 DL4 though. Personally I'm GASing for the Strymon El Capistan quite bad, which I hope will fill my needs for the dirtier delay stuff, and I'm pretty set on getting the Line 6 M9 to handle the cleaner digital repeats, reverse stuff etc. since the DL4 I used to own did those quite well. And since it also has the Verbzilla stuff in it, it should fill my needs for reverb as well. But since our post-rock band is having a break from playing, they're not too high on my list of stuff to purchase. My cheap Chinese Biyang delay & reverb are quite enough for just noodling stuff at home.

Have you heard of the Strymon Timeline? That thing is :worship:

And I just bought a fucking Timefactor a few pages ago. And no it ain't nowhere near great honestly. That's what you get for blindly trusting a fancy name (Eventide).

Delays, and digital especially, are the hungriest of fx. I wouldn't even bother running them on batteries.

Congrats! Any particular reason you went with the Time Capsule? I'm using Time Machine with a Buffalo external drive, and it works like a charm. You could save a good 130€ or so that way.

That's what I'm using as well atm, but I've got 4 external drives for recording, and I'd like to clear some space in the studio.
another major advantage: with the capsule the backup will be in a different room than the original, which can be very useful in case of a fire, flood or whatever.

That's what I'm using as well atm, but I've got 4 external drives for recording, and I'd like to clear some space in the studio.
another major advantage: with the capsule the backup will be in a different room than the original, which can be very useful in case of a fire, flood or whatever.

Ah, then it's a good move indeed! Time Machine makes my everyday life feel just a tad bit less stressful :)

SONATS0052-0e8ed0e.jpg

...and Event Horizon. Noticed that Stillwell makes some fucking awesome plugins. Sell them pretty cheap, as well.

Glad to hear you guys are digging the Carbon Copy.
Delays, and digital especially, are the hungriest of fx. I wouldn't even bother running them on batteries.
Yeah I have a power supply (and an adapter cable for up to 5 devices) but it's not here so for the next band rehearsal I'll have to run the MXR on battery. I don't plan to play live or generally rehearse without the power supply of course

4 JJ 6L6 matched:
jj6L6quad.jpg

3 JJ ECC83S/12AX7 matched:
12ax71.jpg

and 2 Tung-Sol 12AX7 matched:
ts12ax7.jpg

All to go into my 5150 that is currently sporting 15 year old ORIGINAL factory stock power/preamp tubes! :lol:

Also just ordered a new set of Dimarzio's to throw into my RG7 I posted the other day...

Liquifire / Crunch Lab combo-
dp707bk.jpg

DP708BK_LD_Crunch_Lab_7_test_2.jpg

My amp and guitar will both be happy soon. :D

silverstone_ft02b_front.jpg

The P183 just isn't keeping my components cool enough, and it's too cramped in there. The FT02 has massive, convection-aided airflow, and is generally more accommodating to the larger rig I'm building.

Also grabbed a couple of Mogami/Neutrik cables for various things.