Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Uh yeeeeah!
53204-slate-digital-virtual-console-collection--large.jpg

Got it for 280€ with the rackmount adaptor... I bought it from a studio that i used to work at and only i worked with it... so it's like brand new! Happy...

299875_254798051227789_161068303934098_759239_1122987266_n.jpg

EDIT: And a very quick test with the boost @max. I went through all 6 tone settings and with tone OFF at the end... i played the bass and switched between playing from 1 to 6. Don't mind the awesome riff and playing... :|

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/707864/AvalonU5-ToneTest-BoostAtMax.mp3

Well the bottom one is gorgeous at least! :D

Nay, they are all nice looking.

I love them all. The Drop Top has a killer maple top and is more of my metal guitar. The Sage Green Classic is tuned a half step down is a great hard rock guitar with a killer chocolate maple neck. The black Classic is my first SSS configuration and is inspired by David Gilmour. They fit all of my different moods.

Bought another piece of gear that's actually older than me :Spin:

something a little different: Washburn Falcon - 80's, Japan, neckthrough, ash body, gonna be bright and loads of sustain, i'll receive it next week :) was 270€, couldn't resist

llAJLvF

MSaHbrF

it's got some "Duncan designed" pickups on it, i'm thinking of upgrading them to something better once i'll get it. any recommendations?

Bought another piece of gear that's actually older than me :Spin:

something a little different: Washburn Falcon - 80's, Japan, neckthrough, ash body, gonna be bright and loads of sustain, i'll receive it next week :) was 270€, couldn't resist

llAJLvF

MSaHbrF

it's got some "Duncan designed" pickups on it, i'm thinking of upgrading them to something better once i'll get it. any recommendations?

My recommendations is getting an MMK45 for the bridge, and an MMK44 for the neck.. they where made by Matsumoku(The factory that built this guitar.) in the 80's(I have the 45's in all of my guitars.).
They are great sounding pickups if you can find them.. otherwise i would go for a paf-like pickup in the neck, and a slightly colder sounding pickup in the bridge.
The JB/59-combination comes to mind.

Man.. now i have to look at some Squiers to get rid of this boner. :(

a friend of mine owned the same guitar, he tried loads of different pickups, he wanted a blues/rock/hardrock
sound and put a gibson dirty finger in the bridge and a p90 in the neck position.

thanks for the recommendations, guys.

i'm pretty sure i won't come across those Matsumoku pickups but i'll keep an eye out for them. maybe someday...

the JB/59 combination sounds good, i think it would make the Falcon a great all-rounder. i'd love to get different kind of tones ranging from modern rock to extra clean tones and everything in between. i don't have high hopes for this guitar to suit metal tones anyway so i'll probably get some axe later on for those purposes.

the p90 solution sounds interesting as well, i could look into that. but it doesn't have to sound that distinctive, good overall tones is what i'm looking for. i like bright guitar sounds but the guitar should sound pretty bright as it is so i think a more common solution should work well enough for the first set of pickups.

thanks again.

Got it for 280€ with the rackmount adaptor... I bought it from a studio that i used to work at and only i worked with it... so it's like brand new! Happy...

299875_254798051227789_161068303934098_759239_1122987266_n.jpg

EDIT: And a very quick test with the boost @max. I went through all 6 tone settings and with tone OFF at the end... i played the bass and switched between playing from 1 to 6. Don't mind the awesome riff and playing... :|

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/707864/AvalonU5-ToneTest-BoostAtMax.mp3

Wanna sell it for 300? ;)

h-eq.jpg

Screenshots%5Csshot_big_qclone.jpg

The Q-Clone is SO awesome. It opened so many mysteries to me how some some plugins work (like pultec EQ's), and it also explains why I like some tubescreamer emulations better than others (for example the one in podfarm has clearly different filters than the TS-999) and I also I captured the frequency response of lolzgreg's ASEM cabinet impulse and then played the preamp thru the Q-clone instead of an impulse and I actually preferred how just the EQ response sounded over the impulse. I think I'll make a demo of it some day.