Your opinion about Children Of Bodom.

Iguana

New Metal Member
Feb 21, 2004
What do you think? A top 5 band for me and my fave album by far is Hatebreeder.

:headbang:

They used to be one of my 3 fav bands, but I have grown REALLY REALLY tired of melodic metal and everything that involves Maidenriffs and growls in the same sentence is starting to become annoying. I still spinn the Hatebreeder cd once in a while though.

I have one of their albums - Follow the Reaper - and I'm really into it, although I'm not so madly in love with them as I at first was.

I think they're a good band though, whether you like the style or not.

I've only got Hatecrew and I like it. The vocals are annoying though. I've never fancied anything earlier because I was always put-off by their use of other people's material. Frankly, there's just better bands out there.

Psychonaut said:
They're okay but I wouldn't list them as one of my favs. There's definately better melodic death out there but CoB are fun for an occasional listen.
There is better Melodeath out there considering CoB aren't. There just Power Metal with growls.

YAOW!!!!

bloody great band in my eyes... Follow the reaper is one of my all time favourite albums... Im seeing them this summer at bloodstock uk metalfest and i bloody well cant wait... I dont understand people who dont like them but like similar stuff, they are the finest example of melodic death metal... if its just not your bag then fair do's...

who cares what you call them, it doesnt detract from there musics quality... id call you a prescriptivist but id feel to much like a whiney student...