Your Questions Answered!

I'm having problems looging in. Oh well...

To answer Messiah of Metal, Me and Ralph did 2 rhythm tracks each on almost every track on the new album. Ralph really stepped up to the plate on spped picking! I was on a roll and did all the rhythms on one or two songs.
As far as touring backline, we've got Madison amps and Dean guitars on board!

To answer all of the questions about the limited edition version of the new album, it was thrown together pretty quickly, Earache made the call on that one. Recording and packaging wise, it was a quick process. We were shooting for the 6/6/06 release date... A dvd would have been cool, but we were in and out of the studio quickly. Tracking took little time at all, so a dvd would have us sitting around mixing and editing, and eating Gladstone chicken. So like I said, Earache threw together the box set thing. Next album, we'll have more time and leverage to do cooler shit!

Jack Owen said:
To answer all of the questions about the limited edition version of the new album, it was thrown together pretty quickly, Earache made the call on that one. Recording and packaging wise, it was a quick process. We were shooting for the 6/6/06 release date... A dvd would have been cool, but we were in and out of the studio quickly. Tracking took little time at all, so a dvd would have us sitting around mixing and editing, and eating Gladstone chicken. So like I said, Earache threw together the box set thing. Next album, we'll have more time and leverage to do cooler shit!

Don't get me wrong Jack - it was only like £1 extra for the limited edition (what's that a dollar 60 or something?) so I can't complain about what I got for my money.
I just love it when bands do DVDs for the limited editions showing them making the album. I love to see the band playing the songs in the wee booths on their own and that shit - it's great! :) The DVD that came with Scars was a load of shite to be honest, I wouldn't want another one like that. What a load of piss. :err: Show us the band playing and recording the music please on the next album!

I don't know if Jack Owen is still answering questions?!?!?!?!

but my question(s) is....

1.What is your favorite Cannibal Corpse song(s) to play live?

2.What is your favorite Deicide song(s) to play live?? past or present..?

3.What is your favorite Kiss album?

4.What is your favorite Death Metal or Grindcore or Extreme Metal band at the moment?

5.What is your favorite non-extreme band of any genre at the moment?

6.Please tell the members of Deicide past or present to post on the forum..?

7.Did 9/11 have a effect on you playing extreme music?

I am not sure if Jack knows the answer to this but I am sure someone must know, is it Steve that is playing the piano at the end of the Scars album?

Tuesday afternoon mayhem! Let's go!

1.What is your favorite Cannibal Corpse song(s) to play live?

J: The Spinesplitter!

2.What is your favorite Deicide song(s) to play live?? past or present..?

J: Christ Denied

3.What is your favorite Kiss album?

J: Tie-Hotter Than Hell, Dressed to Kill

4.What is your favorite Death Metal or Grindcore or Extreme Metal band at the moment?

J: Many! Let's see, Nailshitter, Dixie Wrecked, Rancid Vaginal Discharge. All FL Death/Grind.

5.What is your favorite non-extreme band of any genre at the moment?

J: ZZ TOP!

6.Please tell the members of Deicide past or present to post on the forum..?

J: I'll work on it!

7.Did 9/11 have a effect on you playing extreme music?

J: Not at all. Much respect and sympathy to the heroes and victims, but metal is metal.

Horray Jack! First off, whatever happened with Adrift? I kept an eye out for shows but no bueno. Was the Deicde job too tempting to say no to?

Also, I read somewhere that one of the reasons you left CC was just a simple matter of not having the enthusiasm you once had, which I can understand after playing death metal for so long. But now that you're back with another death metal band is the old fire back there, ie are we gonna see a youthful Owen flailing his head around in Brooklyn next month?

And thanx for bein' so cool in Rotterdam as well! What I remember of that show ruled.

mojackowen.JPG

Hey Jack, i just recently bought a digitech metal master pedal since i saw a photo on the cannibal corpse tomb of the mutilated fan site thing of you holding one of them(http://www.tombofthemutilated.net/Cannibal-Corpse-Guitar-Tone.html)
Just wondering what settings you use on it (i can see the knobs in the picture but im wondering if those settings are what you use)
Thanks

by the way, this deicide album pulverises all the others, good work.

edit: another question, what sort of guitar is it youre using in the homage for satan video?

hey Jack :cool: i am huge fan of Cannibal Corpse and Deicide! :headbang: I would like to ask you is that do you ever talk to Chris Barnes lately? and what is your favorite Deicide early albums ?

stay brutal :kickass:

Great Job with Deicide, big horns up, those guitars are fucking great. What do you think about having another Deicide remix by The Berzerker? If not him(Luke of The Berzerker) who else do you think is worthy of the job? Do you even like any heavy electronic music or have favs? Thanks for reaching out to the fans \m/

Horray Jack! First off, whatever happened with Adrift? I kept an eye out for shows but no bueno. Was the Deicde job too tempting to say no to?

Jack: Adrift is still kickin! We are writing new stuff, playing 2 or 3 shows a month. We've got a 4 song demo that we've been shopping around. Check out our my space profile for info. www.myspace.com/adriftsounds

Q: Also, I read somewhere that one of the reasons you left CC was just a simple matter of not having the enthusiasm you once had, which I can understand after playing death metal for so long. But now that you're back with another death metal band is the old fire back there, are we gonna see a youthful Owen flailing his head around in Brooklyn next month?

Jack: I just needed to get away from Cannibal Corpse. It wasn't because I got tired of death metal. I should have worded my statement better for the simple minded morons out there. When I said my heart wasn't in it, I meant my heart wasn't into Cannibal Corpse... I still love heavy shit. So joining Deicide was easy, because I was a friend and a fan of the guys. I was there for the beginnings of the band. So, you should see me having more fun on the upcoming tours!

Q: Hey Jack, i just recently bought a digitech metal master pedal since i saw a photo on the cannibal corpse tomb of the mutilated fan site thing of you holding one of them. Just wondering what settings you use on it (i can see the knobs in the picture but im wondering if those settings are what you use)
Thanks

Jack: I don't use the pedal. I use the 2101 preamp, and the xp series pedals. I just happened to be at the factory, and they had me hold up the pedal to get an advert going...

Q: What sort of guitar is it youre using in the homage for satan video?

Jack: That is a Moser V. www.mosercustomguitars.com

Now Playing: David Bowie, Space Oddity

Jack Owen said:
Q: Hey Jack, i just recently bought a digitech metal master pedal since i saw a photo of you holding one of them. Just wondering what settings you use on it (i can see the knobs in the picture but im wondering if those settings are what you use)
Thanks

Jack: I don't use the pedal. I use the 2101 preamp, and the xp series pedals. I just happened to be at the factory, and they had me hold up the pedal to get an advert going...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well the advert worked apparently. :lol:

Heh...so how's it feel to be on the Discovery channel? And after listening to Black Knight 4 times in a row I gotta ask when Deicide is gonna do their own all covers album. Heard any flak from the Deep Purple boys by the way?

The band record label called EMI...gave them shit alot shit about it..but they had to slightly change the lyrics for it to be on the record...but it be cool see the expression on DEEP PURPLES faces while they listen to that song!!!

DEICIDE RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jack wow talking to the man of metal, just wondering if Deicde are cummin down to Australia iv herard rumors and stuff but theres nothing on your website no dates or venues or anything if you could clear up the rumors would be great im only 15 and id hate it for it to be an over 18's although im turning 16 on the 23rd of this month but od love to see u guiys and wont be able to if its over 18's.

:kickass: cheers

Yo Jack!

Good seeing you back in the metal scene! How many new songs off Stench are you guys doing live on this tour?

Looking forward to the show in Toronto!
thanks